1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Graph paper Idea.

1. Jun 27, 2006 #1
    Not so sure on hwere to post this but here it is,

Im sitting here doing math homework and thinking abuot how much i hate having to bust out graph paper when i want to make a graph, i also hate normal college rule paper because of the line so i normally just use an spiral art pad for math. What i want is plain white paper with grid lines where ever i decide i want them so im thinking i need either a stamp or better yet somthing like a stick that i can just cut or tear to size and stick on the paper.

So has anyone seen anything like this before?? I was also thinking it would be nice if it could be on of those double sided stickers that basically just lays down a thin layer of ink or dye then just press it on and pull the backing off and instantly you could have grids for a graph right on your plain paper.

Not sure if this is out there at all or if someone knows how one could do this but i think i would be handy for me at the very least.

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 27, 2006 #2

FredGarvin

Science Advisor

Personally, I have always used "engineer's computation pad"

[​IMG]

It has the graph on the back, so it is very feint to see from the front, but is pretty bold on the back so you always have a piece of graph paper if you need it.

4. Jun 27, 2006 #3

DaveC426913

Gold Member

Fred, your idea is expensive, because it means you're using engineer's paper for general use.

No, I like HappMatt's idea. Did you know you can get custom stamppads made? Go you your local craft store (Michael's, Grand & Toy, Office Depot, etc.)

5. Jun 27, 2006 #4

Evo

Staff: Mentor

You can print your own graph paper. Here are a couple of free programs. tribdog had posted a link to one that was completely customizable, but it seems it's not there anymore.

http://www.mathematicshelpcentral.com/graph_paper.htm

http://pharm.kuleuven.be/pharbio/gpaper.htm

Plenty more http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=graph+paper+software+free&btnG=Google+Search

Last edited: Jun 27, 2006
  6. Jun 29, 2006 #5

DaveC426913

Gold Member

Yes, but that's still not what he's looking for. He wants to write on blank paper, and embed a small graph right there, next to his notes.

7. Jun 29, 2006 #6

Evo

Last edited: Jun 29, 2006
  8. Jun 29, 2006 #7

robphy

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

9. Jun 29, 2006 #8

Evo

Yeah, but look at this cool graph you can make!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 29, 2006
  10. Jun 29, 2006 #9

Danger

Gold Member

And just how the hell is anyone supposed to read that? I felt like I was falling into a black hole just looking at it. :surprised

11. Jun 30, 2006 #10

DaveC426913

Gold Member

12. Jul 2, 2006 #11
  13. Jun 1, 2008 #12
    New tecnical note pad called Geek Pad

Dear Engineering and Math students:

For those of you frustrated with using regular engineering graph paper or college ruled note book paper, I have the answer. Why not combine the two. Check out the new innovative technical note pad known as the "Geek Pad". Contact me at jeff@geek-pad.com

14. Jun 1, 2008 #13

f95toli

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

It is a Smith chart and is used in microwave engineering (used for various impedance calculations).
    Very useful if you know how to read one (I should know how to use one, but I don't:shy:)

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?