Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Graph paper Idea.

1. Jun 27, 2006 #1
    Not so sure on hwere to post this but here it is,

Im sitting here doing math homework and thinking abuot how much i hate having to bust out graph paper when i want to make a graph, i also hate normal college rule paper because of the line so i normally just use an spiral art pad for math. What i want is plain white paper with grid lines where ever i decide i want them so im thinking i need either a stamp or better yet somthing like a stick that i can just cut or tear to size and stick on the paper.

So has anyone seen anything like this before?? I was also thinking it would be nice if it could be on of those double sided stickers that basically just lays down a thin layer of ink or dye then just press it on and pull the backing off and instantly you could have grids for a graph right on your plain paper.

Not sure if this is out there at all or if someone knows how one could do this but i think i would be handy for me at the very least.

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 27, 2006 #2

FredGarvin

Science Advisor

Personally, I have always used "engineer's computation pad"

[​IMG]

It has the graph on the back, so it is very feint to see from the front, but is pretty bold on the back so you always have a piece of graph paper if you need it.

4. Jun 27, 2006 #3

DaveC426913

Gold Member

Fred, your idea is expensive, because it means you're using engineer's paper for general use.

No, I like HappMatt's idea. Did you know you can get custom stamppads made? Go you your local craft store (Michael's, Grand & Toy, Office Depot, etc.)

5. Jun 27, 2006 #4

Evo

Staff: Mentor

You can print your own graph paper. Here are a couple of free programs. tribdog had posted a link to one that was completely customizable, but it seems it's not there anymore.

http://www.mathematicshelpcentral.com/graph_paper.htm

http://pharm.kuleuven.be/pharbio/gpaper.htm

Plenty more http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=graph+paper+software+free&btnG=Google+Search

Last edited: Jun 27, 2006
  6. Jun 29, 2006 #5

DaveC426913

Gold Member

Yes, but that's still not what he's looking for. He wants to write on blank paper, and embed a small graph right there, next to his notes.

7. Jun 29, 2006 #6

Evo

Last edited: Jun 29, 2006
  8. Jun 29, 2006 #7

robphy

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

9. Jun 29, 2006 #8

Evo

Yeah, but look at this cool graph you can make!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 29, 2006
  10. Jun 29, 2006 #9

Danger

Gold Member

And just how the hell is anyone supposed to read that? I felt like I was falling into a black hole just looking at it. :surprised

11. Jun 30, 2006 #10

DaveC426913

Gold Member

12. Jul 2, 2006 #11
  13. Jun 1, 2008 #12
    New tecnical note pad called Geek Pad

Dear Engineering and Math students:

For those of you frustrated with using regular engineering graph paper or college ruled note book paper, I have the answer. Why not combine the two. Check out the new innovative technical note pad known as the "Geek Pad". Contact me at jeff@geek-pad.com

14. Jun 1, 2008 #13

f95toli

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

It is a Smith chart and is used in microwave engineering (used for various impedance calculations).
    Very useful if you know how to read one (I should know how to use one, but I don't:shy:)

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?