Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Graph theory - notation problem

  1. Jun 9, 2012 #1
    Hi all,
    I don't know if analysis is the right place for me to post this thread therefore please accept my apologies in advance if I am mistaken.
    In graph theory the incidence function that associates vertices & edges http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/8171/32004284.jpg [Broken], in the text it has following notation http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=...ce=gbs_ge_summary_r&cad=0#v=onepage&q&f=false at page 2, what do we call to this notation? (it's a v divided by a straight vertical line in the middle)
    Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2017
  2. jcsd
  3. Jun 9, 2012 #2
    that is psi, a greek letter

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psi_(letter [Broken])
    Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2017
  4. Jun 9, 2012 #3
    no, this is not
    Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2017
  5. Jun 9, 2012 #4
    Yes, it is.
  6. Jun 9, 2012 #5
    Click the quote button and read what I have posted.
  7. Jun 9, 2012 #6


    User Avatar
    Science Advisor

    What is this Sorcery?!
  8. Jun 9, 2012 #7
    It is the ancient art of LaTeX. Merely a few know its forms and shapes.
  9. Jun 10, 2012 #8
    [STRIKE]from what angle it looks psi?[/STRIKE]
    ok from now on I will read it as psi
Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook