Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Graphene-epoxy XRD

1. Mar 29, 2017 #1
    I'm trying to find out how well graphene nanoplatelets have dispersed into epoxy resin through plasma functionalisation. I've performed XRD upon a sample containing 1.0 wt% of graphene-epoxy and of neat epoxy. This is the first time I've used XRD so I'm unsure what conclusions can be drawn, I suspect that the sharp peaks are showing oligomers of undispersed graphene. Any help would be really appreciated.

Attached Files:

• XRD.JPG
      XRD.JPG
      File size:
      51.2 KB
      Views:
  2. jcsd
  3. Apr 3, 2017 #2
    Thanks for the thread! This is an automated courtesy bump. Sorry you aren't generating responses at the moment. Do you have any further information, come to any new conclusions or is it possible to reword the post? The more details the better.

4. May 1, 2017 #3
    willogrady, I think in your sample you have a sample with epoxy + graphene and graphite also. The sharp peak may be related to graphite, where the broad shoulder is related to the amorphous characteristic of your sample.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted