Graphene-epoxy XRD

• Thread starter willogrady
  • Start date
I'm trying to find out how well graphene nanoplatelets have dispersed into epoxy resin through plasma functionalisation. I've performed XRD upon a sample containing 1.0 wt% of graphene-epoxy and of neat epoxy. This is the first time I've used XRD so I'm unsure what conclusions can be drawn, I suspect that the sharp peaks are showing oligomers of undispersed graphene. Any help would be really appreciated.

Attachments

Thanks for the thread! This is an automated courtesy bump. Sorry you aren't generating responses at the moment. Do you have any further information, come to any new conclusions or is it possible to reword the post? The more details the better.

I'm trying to find out how well graphene nanoplatelets have dispersed into epoxy resin through plasma functionalisation. I've performed XRD upon a sample containing 1.0 wt% of graphene-epoxy and of neat epoxy. This is the first time I've used XRD so I'm unsure what conclusions can be drawn, I suspect that the sharp peaks are showing oligomers of undispersed graphene. Any help would be really appreciated.
willogrady, I think in your sample you have a sample with epoxy + graphene and graphite also. The sharp peak may be related to graphite, where the broad shoulder is related to the amorphous characteristic of your sample.