1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Graphical analysis question

1. Apr 21, 2010 #1
    i have assignment in physics about graphical analysis of vectors...i need to see some examples or solution so i have any idea to do that..kindly help me pls..tnx
    this is the question:
    Make each vector on both numbers a reference vector then hylight w/color the polygon form...Using graphical analysis find the resultant of the following vectors acting on the object..

A=100 N,30degree NE
    B=200N,80degree SE
    C=150N,45degree SW
    D=175N,25degree NW
    E=50N due N

thats the question pls try to help me to answer it..tnx
    N=north E=east W=west S=south

Last edited: Apr 22, 2010
  2. jcsd
  3. Apr 21, 2010 #2

Mark44

Staff: Mentor

I have no idea what any of these mean. Can you give us the problem exactly as it's stated in your book?

4. Apr 22, 2010 #3
    this is the question:Make each vector on both numbers a reference vector then hylight w/color the polygon form...Using graphical analysis find the resultant of the following vectors acting on the object..

A=100 N,30degree NE
    B=200N,80degree SE
    C=150N,45degree SW
    D=175N,25degree NW
    E=50N due N

thats the question pls try to help me to answer it..tnx

how to find the resistant of these graphical analysis?

Last edited: Apr 23, 2010
  5. Apr 22, 2010 #4

Mark44

Staff: Mentor

You're going to have to do a better job of explaining what these mean. For example, in the first one you have A=100 N, 30degree NE. Is the first number the force in Newtons?

What is the significance of the part with degrees? In A 30 degrees is not NE; 45 degrees is NE. In the second, 80 degrees is not SE, which would be 135 degrees. In the third SW is 225 degrees, not 45. In the fourth, NW is 305 degrees.

6. Apr 23, 2010 #5
    thanks for the answer..i have another question how u will get the resultant which operation i need to use subtraction or division?

7. Apr 24, 2010 #6

HallsofIvy

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

You need to talk to your teacher about this. You use neither subtraction nor division. In fact, division of vectors is not even defined!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook