Graphics Programs?

• Thread starter lowing99
  • Start date
Hi Folks

I am trying to create an animated graphic to support a theory requested by a Prof in Winsconsin, I am wondering if anyone can help, is there a good free program out there that will allow me to create an animated cartoon of the particles in my model??

Tried a few but nothing suitable so far

best

Colin

Answers and Replies

fss
Which ones have you tried? Blender3D would be my first suggestion.

Hi Fss

Will track it down and give it a go, thanks

best

col

minger
Science Advisor
It depends on what you're actually modeling and trying to animate. For example, I'm a CFD person. I can get particle tracing and things like that through my post-processing suites.

Do you have simply pictures (screenshots), do you have point data? What are you working with?

I need to model a lattice of cubes, and animate a wave, lots of spheres going up and down with lattice threads stretching and contracting, just looking for a simple freeware that'll let me design and animate that in a basic way.

best

colin

post a help wanted here http://www.3dlinks.com/forums_Display.cfm?id=12 you can find someone working on their portfolio to do it for you, or goto your local college and in either the computer science or film/animation building and post a flyer asking for help.

alternately to do an animation with your requirements will take a lot of time to learn and get up to speed on the software and hand animating techniques(about 4-6 months). I would recommend buying the student version of a major software like maya or 3ds. ( I use maya at work and i love it. though it does have a very significant learning curve.)

some things are fine in blender and it's getting better all the time.

Last edited: