1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Graphing calc. died i need help

1. Oct 12, 2006 #1
    Graphing calc. died :( i need help

could some 1 but this in a calc and tell me the intersection when y is 24?

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 12, 2006 #2
    according to my calculator (just started using it a few days ago), it's a parabola (sp?) and the vertex is about x = -1.7, y = -1. that's just with me using the trace function (i dunno how to get the vertex the normal way). hope this helps.

4. Oct 12, 2006 #3
    did you put (4+3x)(6+3x) into y1, and 24 into y2, after that make window bigger than 2end trace 5, then you get it.
  5. Oct 12, 2006 #4

Staff: Mentor

Well, you obviously are sitting at a computer if you can post on PF that your graphing calculator died. Quiz question -- what application on your PC can be used for graphing? Hint -- it rhymes with Extra Large.
  6. Oct 12, 2006 #5
    hm..sounds like Extra Large.....Maple 8!
  7. Oct 13, 2006 #6

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

Why would you need a calculator of any kind to do that? Multiply it out: 9x2+ 30x+ 24= 24 so 9x2+ 30x= 0. That's easy to factor and solve.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?