Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Calculators Graphing Calculator Power

1. Jan 7, 2008 #1
    I was reading in another thread about someone needing a not-too powerful calculator.

I bought a TI-92 about 10 years ago. They did make an upgrade to the TI-92x. But I don't think they make those anymore.

Would current slimmer calculators be able to do 3D graphing much faster? I remember some 3D plots took some time. TI has their Voyage 200 in a similar form factor.

Texas Instruments has a good line of graphing calculators: http://education.ti.com/educationportal/sites/US/productCategory/us_graphing.html

I tend to prefer them over the backwards-functioning HP's. If you don't know what I mean, the ones I've seen you have to enter (3 Enter 4 +) to add 3 and 4, since it uses some call stack or so.

I'd like to see how much graphing has improved in the past 10 years. It would be nice to have one that I can plot an integral, and work with changing coordinates.

Anyway, looking for some good recommendations on Calculus calculators. I'm just browsing now since I do have a laptop and could probably just run Octave on that. Would like some Color graphing as well.
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2008
  2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you help with the solution or looking for help too?
Draft saved Draft deleted