Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Graphing Problem in MathCad

Tags:
  1. Oct 28, 2009 #1
    I have been doing some independent study on the 8.02 physics course offered by MIT in their free courseware program.

One of the problems concerns the expression for the electric field above a charged circular disk. The solution is posted http://ocw.mit.edu/NR/rdonlyres/Physics/8-02Electricity-and-MagnetismSpring2002/A087863B-CDE2-4EAD-8C1F-2A4CFC25D195/0/pss1.pdf" [Broken] (see Problem 1.4 Part b).

To make the expression more meaningful the problem asks to plot the E-field using "R as your unit on the abscissa" and "Q/(4(PI)e0 r^2) as your unit for E(x).

The resulting equation has the variable z replaced with z/R, so that the abscissa is in terms of 1R, 2R, 3R, etc.

Does anyone know how to make MathCad plot something like this? The solution appears to have been done in MathCad, but I am not sure how to make MathCad do this.k

If I should post this in another area, please let me know.

Thanks,

Jason

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
  2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted