Good Graphing Program for Semi-Logarithmic Functions

In summary, There are several suggested graphing programs for semi-logarithmic functions, including Winplot and NuCalc. Winplot is easy to download and can handle implicit functions, derivative fields, and 3-D equations. NuCalc is also recommended, but it is not free and may not be easily downloadable. Some users have found success with the free "lite" version of NuCalc.
izzah
Anyone know of a good graphing program for semi-logarithmic functions that easily downloadable.

Physics news on Phys.org
Have you tried Winplot? I'm not sure about the semi-logarithmic functions, but it sure is easy to download. :biggrin:

I know that it does implicit functions, and derivative fields. It also plots 3-D equations.

http://math.exeter.edu/rparris/winplot.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Winplot worked well. Thank you.

Hands down the best graphing calculator

http://www.nucalc.com

and the osx version (and lite version) is out!

relativitydude said:
Hands down the best graphing calculator

http://www.nucalc.com

and the osx version (and lite version) is out!

Izzah did specify "easily downloadable" and NuCalc is not easily downloadable and it's not free either. They charge $100 for it and you don't even get a break on the upgrade (unless you bought VERY recently). Yes, it's neat but it's not quite the thing for serious analysis.

I downloaded the free "lite" version of it. It's in "Free Stuff" section. I love this app!

What is a semi-logarithmic function?

A semi-logarithmic function is a function that has one logarithmic axis and one linear axis on a graph. The logarithmic axis is typically the y-axis and the linear axis is typically the x-axis.

Why is a good graphing program important for semi-logarithmic functions?

A good graphing program is important for semi-logarithmic functions because it allows for accurate and visually appealing representations of data. It also allows for easy interpretation and analysis of the data.

What features should I look for in a good graphing program for semi-logarithmic functions?

Some important features to look for in a good graphing program for semi-logarithmic functions include the ability to plot both logarithmic and linear data, customizable axes and labels, and the ability to add trendlines or other visual aids.

Are there any free options for a good graphing program for semi-logarithmic functions?

Yes, there are several free graphing programs available for semi-logarithmic functions, such as Desmos, GeoGebra, and Google Sheets. These programs offer a variety of features and are easy to use for beginners.

Can a good graphing program for semi-logarithmic functions be used for other types of functions?

Yes, a good graphing program for semi-logarithmic functions can also be used for other types of functions, such as linear, exponential, and trigonometric functions. It is important to make sure that the program has the necessary features for the specific type of function you want to graph.