Graphs & Exponentials in AutoCAD - Questions Answered!

In summary, it is possible to plot graphs (functions of x) in AutoCAD, but it would require an AutoLISP function. Exponentials can be written in any way, but it is difficult to make the distance between units on the axis the same.
TSN79
I'm wondering if someone knows how to plot graphs (functions of x) in AutoCAD? And also, is it possible to write exponentials in any way?

Computer science news on Phys.org
AutoCAD doesn't have any kind of plotting ability that I know of. It would have to take an AutoLISP function of some kind. Perhaps someone has an add on for it?

Thanks, that link worked great. But now I'm stuck with plotting in Excel, which works quite good, just one question; how can I make the distance between two units on both axis the same? 'Cause when I print it I don't want the physical distance between two units to be different on both axis. If there is 2cm from origo to 1 on the x-axis, then it should be so also on the y-axis. But how is this done...?

TSN79 said:
Thanks, that link worked great. But now I'm stuck with plotting in Excel, which works quite good, just one question; how can I make the distance between two units on both axis the same? 'Cause when I print it I don't want the physical distance between two units to be different on both axis. If there is 2cm from origo to 1 on the x-axis, then it should be so also on the y-axis. But how is this done...?
On the axis you want to modify, right click on it and select "Format Axis." There should be a tab for SCALE. Uncheck the auto select check box next to the major and minor tick marks and select the appropriate intervals. Also, you can play with the graph dimensions just by highlighting the frame around it (the actual plot area frame, not the whole graph window) and drop and drag it until they are equal (If I am undestanding your question properly).

Thanks, but this doesn't solve the problem. You say I can play around with the dimensions of the graph until they are equal. This is true, but that would still be an approximate solution, which won't do I'm afraid. But thanks anyway! :smile:

What is a graph in AutoCAD?

A graph in AutoCAD is a visual representation of data that is created using the graphing tools in the software. It can be used to display various types of data, such as numerical data, equations, and functions.

How do I create a graph in AutoCAD?

To create a graph in AutoCAD, you can use the GRAPH command or select the graphing tools from the Draw panel. You can then specify the data points, type of graph, and other settings to customize your graph.

What is an exponential in AutoCAD?

An exponential in AutoCAD is a mathematical function that represents a constant rate of change. It is commonly used to model growth or decay over time, and can be plotted on a graph to visualize the data.

How do I plot an exponential graph in AutoCAD?

To plot an exponential graph in AutoCAD, you can use the EXP command or select the exponential function from the graphing tools. You will need to enter the appropriate parameters, such as the base and exponent, to generate the graph.

Can I customize the appearance of my graphs and exponentials in AutoCAD?

Yes, AutoCAD offers various customization options for graphs and exponentials. You can change the graph type, color, scale, and other settings to create a visually appealing representation of your data.