Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Gravifugal force

1. Jan 21, 2004 #1
    For a long time I am dealing with a gravifugal force. I am interesting in a your opinion in that matter.
    My opinion you can find at.

http://www.geocities.com/agravity/ANTIGRAVITY.htm

Thank you
    Petrus

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 21, 2004 #2

HallsofIvy

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

The fact that this guy starts of by talking about how brilliant he is and how he, personally, is sign of a "maturing" civilization is somewhat offputting.

An example: "Q Are you really a new Einstein, Tesla, Leonardo...?

A In one of the previous interviews, I have just explained my place and my function in this part of universe , and I can only repeat that explanation:

" At the first, God created the natural being, nature. After it, man has created the artificial being. Than, I came, and explained to them what they have done."

That together with the fact that asserts that he "revolutionized philosophy" and that, as a result, he was "excommunicated" from "academic society" (He was a professor of philosophy and history of art!) makes me tend to be cautious.

He states that he patented this marvelous device (essentially a flying machine that violates conservation of momentum) in 1989 but still hasn't built a prototype.

The rest of the paper is a lot of undefined terms, generalities, jargon and "philosophical" maundering.

4. Jan 21, 2004 #3

Doc Al

Staff: Mentor

You mean, Halls, that it's bogus?

5. Jan 21, 2004 #4
    I can not comment your ansver, but I like cautious people and critical mind. Your reaction is quite correct, but please, read slightly more carefully my article. It will be good for you and for me, and for other people too.
    Thank you
    Petrus

6. Jan 21, 2004 #5

Thank you for your answer.
    That is a correct reaction, but slightly to fast

He states that he patented this marvelous device (essentially a flying machine that violates conservation of momentum) in 1989 but still hasn't built a prototype.

Reading more carefully you will see that it confirm "conservation of momentum" in the same way like the spin of stars in globular clusters.

Prototype, and measurements was not done only my me

""The rest of the paper is a lot of undefined terms, generalities, jargon and "philosophical" maundering."" [/B][/QUOTE]

Reading more carefuly you will also see your own words as wrong, incorrect.
    Please read my article slightly more carefuly, specially equations.
    Howewer, your answer is good written.
    Petrus

7. Jan 21, 2004 #6
    Petrus,

My view of you is that you play with the truth. For evidence I prsent the following quote from your site:

"Rather, it deals only with the distortions of man's perception, just like Epicycles Theory favored by Ptolemy, which was better, and more precise, experimentally proved than Einstein`s theory"

Very sincerely,

Richard

8. Jan 21, 2004 #7

ahrkron

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

I'm with Halls, I don't think there's much substance in that page.

9. Jan 21, 2004 #8

russ_watters

Hey, but he did get you guys to click his link and inflate his hit count. I'll pass, thanks.
    Cute. Translation: 'I'll try to convince you I'm right by decieving you (wanna buy my book?).'

10. Jan 21, 2004 #9
    Greetings,

You have made a certain statement from your web site which appears to be the foundation of your theory. The statement is:

"When speaking about the gravifugal force we in fact refer to a certain sort of centrifugal force created by rotation in which gravity acts as centripetal (i.e.gravipetal) force."

My question #1: What specific rotational arrangement causes this effect?

My question #2: If this arrangement is in diagram or concept, surely it can be constructed and independently tested. Do you offer such?

11. Jan 22, 2004 #10
    Thank you for your critical and constructive reply. It would be dificult to explane my statements here.It would be much better to visit one my short article about Einstein at site:
    http://free.hostdepartment.com/k/kahless_index
    I firmly believe it will satisfy you and it will be very interesting to you.
    Thank you very much
    Gratefuly
    Petrus

12. Jan 22, 2004 #11
    Richard

Thank you for your critical and constructive reply. It would be dificult to explane my statements here.It would be much better to visit one my short article about Einstein at site:
    http://free.hostdepartment.com/k/kahless_index
    I firmly believe it will satisfy you and it will be very interesting to you.
    Thank you very much
    Gratefuly
    Petrus

13. Jan 22, 2004 #12
    Epicycles

I found nothing about epicycles on your site. Give me an exact link.

The only interesting thing I found was your request to send money.

14. Jan 22, 2004 #13

russ_watters

Re: Epicycles

Yes, as a matter of fact, I am clarvoyant (don't tell Ivan).

15. Jan 22, 2004 #14
    1.Cohesipetal or solidopetal force enables mass of solid body to rotate is a pseudoforce. Its value directly depends on velocity of rotation of solid body F = mv(squared)/r. This force always is perpendicular to axis of rotation. Cohesifugal, or solidofugal force too.
    Gravipetal force enabling mass of celestial body to rotate is fundamental force. It depends on mass of celestial body and radius R and not on velocity of rotation of celestial body.
    Moreover,this force is inversely proportional with velocity of rotation of celestial body.
    This force is perpendicular to axis of rotation only at the equator -- gravifugal force too.
    2. Yes
    Thank you for your very instructive and good questions.
    Other people interesting in this matter can see details at the site:
    Sincerely
    Petrus
    P.S.
    I believe those diferences between cohesipetal and gravipetal force has a great importance for future technology.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2004
  16. Jan 22, 2004 #15
    I made an error in a process of posting message to you.
    Message to you, you can find bellow
    Excuse me
    Petrus

17. Jan 22, 2004 #16

Very good written!
    Regard money, probabbly you are scientist and without money like me.
    But it is not important in this moment.
    That article is in department of physics and title
    Einstein
    It is not difficult to find it. Click the Physics, and after it click
    the Einstein.
    Thank You
    Petrus

18. Jan 22, 2004 #17

I just sent you the message, but there is no any message.
    Go to http://free.hostdepartment.com/k/kahless_index/physics.htm
    and click department of
    Physics
    after it click the
    Einstein

Thank you
    PETRUS

19. Jan 22, 2004 #18

chroot

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I just sent you my life savings -- $23,612.43. Please continue your ground breaking work with my support.

- Warren

20. Jan 22, 2004 #19

russ_watters

What are you, cheap? Don't you have a car you could sell or a house you could mortgage? And you don't need a brown and a black leather belt, do you?

21. Jan 22, 2004 #20

chroot

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

:frown: You're right. Okay, make that $23,640.61.

- Warren

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?