Can Gravitational Differential Explain Celestial Rotational Energies?

In summary, the conversation is about a theory in development regarding the rotational energies and celestial mechanics of the Earth and the sun. The theory suggests that the continuous sunrise and sunset creates a gravitational differential, with the sunrise being more attractive due to its cooler temperature. This differential imparts a torsional effort on the planet, generating its rotational state. However, another member points out that the temperature difference between the poles and equator is too small to have a significant gravitational effect, and suggests looking at the precession of the equinoxes as a possible explanation. The original poster questions the validity and usefulness of the principles discussed.
scott_sieger
HI guys,

Your responses to the post "round and round she goes" has prompted me to post this new thread.

The folllowing is a theory in development thingo but I think very appropriate to the other post. I am sure that if it is more appropriate to post it in the physics theory dev, section that admin will shift it any way. I am going too post it there as well any way if I'm allowed. But in the interests of general discussion on the nature of rotational energies and Celestial mechanics here it is. Your criticisms and counter logic would be welcome.

Gravitational differential.

The Earth and the sun share an attraction called gravity.

The Earth is always in the sun light therefore as the planet spins it is always heating up and cooling down. Sunrise and sunset happening continuously.

The temperature differential being say approximately 20 degrees C...

We know that as mass cools it increases it’s density. We infer that an increase in density also increases the mass’s gravitational attraction.

So therefore on this continuous sunrise (horizon) is a gravitational differential which means that the sunrise ( cooler – more dense) is more attractive than the sunset (Hotter)

This differential imparts a torsional effort on the planet thus generating it’s rotational state.

The above may, in part, explain the rotational effect on matter.

Astronomy news on Phys.org
Originally posted by scott_sieger
We know that as mass cools it increases it’s density.

Not true for water's liquid-to-solid phase transition.

The folllowing is a theory in development thingo but I think very appropriate to the other post. I am sure that if it is more appropriate to post it in the physics theory dev, section that admin will shift it any way. I am going too post it there as well any way if I'm allowed. But in the interests of general discussion on the nature of rotational energies and Celestial mechanics here it is. Your criticisms and counter logic would be welcome.

I'm willing to have this kick around here for a bit & let the astro-folks have a go at it before it gets lost in Theory Development.

So therefore on this continuous sunrise (horizon) is a gravitational differential which means that the sunrise ( cooler – more dense) is more attractive than the sunset (Hotter)

This differential imparts a torsional effort on the planet thus generating it’s rotational state.

As there is a much higher temperature differential between the Poles and Equator (about 80 Kelvin difference) you'd expect a shear to take place.

If you care to plug the numbers you'll find that the variation in density os so little that the gravitational effects are negligble. Ergo no spin is generated.

You also need to explain why rotational velocity was larger in the past.

may be we can stand back a little and have a think about the two priciples I am trying to show without reference to the rotation of the planet.

The first is a continuuous event horizon and the second is an attraction differential that requires no polarity yet imparts rotation.

Are these principles valid and are they of any use in any other aspect of physics or celestial mechanics?

1. What is gravitational differential?

Gravitational differential refers to the difference in gravitational force experienced by two objects due to their varying distances from a massive body.

2. How does gravitational differential affect objects?

Gravitational differential can cause objects to experience a net force, resulting in either attraction or repulsion depending on the direction of the force.

3. What is the equation for calculating gravitational differential?

The equation for gravitational differential is F = G(m1m2)/d², where F is the force, G is the gravitational constant, m1 and m2 are the masses of the two objects, and d is the distance between them.

4. Can gravitational differential be observed in everyday life?

Yes, gravitational differential can be observed in everyday life through the tides caused by the Moon's gravitational pull on Earth's oceans, and the formation of celestial bodies such as planets and moons due to the gravitational pull of stars.

5. How does gravitational differential relate to Einstein's theory of relativity?

Gravitational differential is a key concept in Einstein's theory of relativity, as it explains how the force of gravity is not just a simple attraction between masses, but rather a result of the curvature of spacetime caused by massive objects.