Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Homework Help: Gravitational machines

1. Jul 27, 2007 #1
    Does anyone have any good ideas and designs of a gravitational machine. I have one, but I still need to study some other things before I start experimenting on the subject.

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 27, 2007 #2

mgb_phys

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

What do you mean by a gravitational machine?
    I have one as well, it sits on my desk and by cleverly interacting with the warped spacetime around earth stops papers blowing away!

4. Jul 27, 2007 #3

DaveC426913

Gold Member

:rofl:

[ ten chars ]

I have one too; I use it every day. It's not nearly as compact as yours - this one's big enough to stand in! When activated, it creates an effect that is indistinguishable from gravity. Without looking out a window, there's no experiment you can do that will tell you whether you're under the influence of gravity, or under the influence of the machine.

Also, whenever I step out of it, it has magically transported me from the street to my office.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2007
  5. Jul 27, 2007 #4
    :uhh: utter lies. i have a graviton coupling constant meter so i can easily tell whether it's your machine or gravity.

6. Jul 27, 2007 #5

mgb_phys

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Did you get the relativistic version, with go-faster 'superluminal motion' stripes? :rofl:

Last edited: Jul 28, 2007
  7. Jul 28, 2007 #6
    :grumpy:I mean a machine that increases or decreases gravitational pull

Last edited: Jul 28, 2007
  8. Jul 28, 2007 #7
    sorry no such thing exists

9. Jul 28, 2007 #8
    :confused::confused:

10. Jul 28, 2007 #9
    I came up with a design but i will not experiment untill futher reserch....

11. Jul 28, 2007 #10
    what is your design

12. Jul 28, 2007 #11

HallsofIvy

Science Advisor

The problem is that once you have done the "further research" you will have nothing left to experiment on!

13. Jul 28, 2007 #12
    hey now being close minded never got anyone anywhere, he should talk about what he's done :wink:

14. Jul 29, 2007 #13
    sorry but i can't share the designs right now because if I did and if this machine of mine works than someone could take credit for it....... anyways i just needed some ideas for my machine.... I have not build it yet for the reason that I can learn more of what i am getting into and am i going in the right direction....... sorry if I am using the term research the wrong way....

Last edited: Jul 29, 2007
  15. Jul 29, 2007 #14
    you realize this is impossible, to do this

16. Jul 29, 2007 #15
    alright, how do I close this discussion down

17. Jul 29, 2007 #16
    do you know how gravity works? I suggest you do some research with that first before you continue. You may think you know but uh, i dont think you do.:rolleyes:

18. Jul 30, 2007 #17

Evo

Staff: Mentor

closed down

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook