1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Gravitational machines

1. Jul 27, 2007 #1
    Does anyone have any good ideas and designs of a gravitational machine. I have one, but I still need to study some other things before I start experimenting on the subject.
  2. jcsd
  3. Jul 27, 2007 #2

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

What do you mean by a gravitational machine?
    I have one as well, it sits on my desk and by cleverly interacting with the warped spacetime around earth stops papers blowing away!
  4. Jul 27, 2007 #3

Gold Member

[ ten chars ]

I have one too; I use it every day. It's not nearly as compact as yours - this one's big enough to stand in! When activated, it creates an effect that is indistinguishable from gravity. Without looking out a window, there's no experiment you can do that will tell you whether you're under the influence of gravity, or under the influence of the machine.

Also, whenever I step out of it, it has magically transported me from the street to my office.
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2007
  5. Jul 27, 2007 #4
    :uhh: utter lies. i have a graviton coupling constant meter so i can easily tell whether it's your machine or gravity.
  6. Jul 27, 2007 #5

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Did you get the relativistic version, with go-faster 'superluminal motion' stripes? :rofl:
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2007
  7. Jul 28, 2007 #6
    :grumpy:I mean a machine that increases or decreases gravitational pull
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2007
  8. Jul 28, 2007 #7
    sorry no such thing exists
  9. Jul 28, 2007 #8
  10. Jul 28, 2007 #9
    I came up with a design but i will not experiment untill futher reserch....
  11. Jul 28, 2007 #10
    what is your design
  12. Jul 28, 2007 #11

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

The problem is that once you have done the "further research" you will have nothing left to experiment on!
  13. Jul 28, 2007 #12
    hey now being close minded never got anyone anywhere, he should talk about what he's done :wink:
  14. Jul 29, 2007 #13
    sorry but i can't share the designs right now because if I did and if this machine of mine works than someone could take credit for it....... anyways i just needed some ideas for my machine.... I have not build it yet for the reason that I can learn more of what i am getting into and am i going in the right direction....... sorry if I am using the term research the wrong way....
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2007
  15. Jul 29, 2007 #14
    you realize this is impossible, to do this
  16. Jul 29, 2007 #15
    alright, how do I close this discussion down
  17. Jul 29, 2007 #16
    do you know how gravity works? I suggest you do some research with that first before you continue. You may think you know but uh, i dont think you do.:rolleyes:
  18. Jul 30, 2007 #17

Staff: Mentor

closed down
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?