Gravitational Redshift: Exploring Effects of Time & Space

In summary, gravitational redshift occurs when a photon climbs out of a gravity well and blueshift occurs when it falls into a gravity well. The frequency and wavelength of the photon will be affected by both time dilation and space expansion, which can lead to a decrease in energy. This effect is not surprising, as energy is not relativistically invariant. The Pound-Rebka experiment is a good example of this phenomenon. However, the underlying physical cause of these changes in time and space is not fully understood, and texts often simply state the net effect without explanation.
Quick Response to #70

Guess the purpose of #68/#69 was to see if we could converge to some physical interpretation of the implication of relativity. Wasn’t sure whether you would agree with the ABA = BAB conclusion and that ABA > BAB was really an `apple and oranges` comparison.

Yes I had seen the Bell Paradox thread and was glad that you had raised it as a separate issue, because previously it seemed to be buried in other non-obvious threads. Unfortunately, I haven’t had too much time over the weekend to get into the details, but will add to the thread as soon as possible.

However, I did post a question in your Impure Twin Paradox thread. Hopefully, while you take a look at this, it will give me some time to get my ‘event horizon-hiking boots` on. Although I am not sure, as yet, whether I have yet got all the right equipment. :wink: