Gravity and EMR: Exploring the Connection

• Thread starter Dook
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Gravity
In summary, the author suggests that there is a relationship between gravity and electromagnetic radiation, and that the Photon Theory solves the problem. They also mention that QM is flawed and that when you make EMR produce gravity you don't have a gravaton, so the spin thing is not relevent.
Dook
Could gravity be a frequency of electromagnetic radiation?

Physics news on Phys.org
***Nope***

Fundamental cause of gravity

Dook said:
Could gravity be a frequency of electromagnetic radiation?
A fellow came up out of the LA backwoods the other day and told us what gravity was.

What Gravity Is

Makes as much sense as the mainstream stuff :smile:

Keep on chuggin !

Vern

Gravity travels at the speed of EMR and follows the inverse square law?

Dook said:
Gravity travels at the speed of EMR and follows the inverse square law?

Makes you suspect that there's a relationship between gravity and EMR. The Photon Theory solves the problem this way That looks like an off the wall guess but it is the result of about twenty years of brain storming.

It works for me :smile:

If it is EMR then there's something wrong with quantum mechanics which says a graviton should be spin 2 and not spin 1.

kurious said:
If it is EMR then there's something wrong with quantum mechanics which says a graviton should be spin 2 and not spin 1.

All the leading scientists know that QM is flawed.
Dr. Daniel M. Greenburger said:
Still, after 70 years, we have no real clue as to how and when the theory {QM} will break down ( but break down it must--that is the tragedy of the human condition). Nonetheless, despite its uncontrovertible experimental successes, the theory has a very shaky philosophical foundation.

When you make EMR produce gravity you don't have a gravaton, so the spin thing is not relevent. :smile:

Last edited:
Sorry about that. Dr. Greenberger is head of the Department of Physics, City College of the City University of New York, New York 10031. The quote above came from his preface to "Fundamental Problems in Quantum Theory in the Annals of the new York Academy of Sciences, Volume 755

One of the reasons everyone is banging on QM theory so much is that everybody knows its going to come down one day.

Keep on chuggin !

Vern

Vern said:
Makes you suspect that there's a relationship between gravity and EMR. The Photon Theory solves the problem this way That looks like an off the wall guess but it is the result of about twenty years of brain storming.

It works for me :smile:

Hey, what if the equation E=mc^2 (Energy equals mass times lightspeed squared) was really E=mcz (Energy equals mass times lightspeed times magnetspeed)?

That would allow two electromagnetic wave components to have simultaneously differing [multiples of] wavelength and/or frequency, as long as their nodes were coincident (at least at some common multuple).

This, according to an equation for wavespeed=frequency times wavelength.

It's just a crazy thought.

Last edited:
Well, Takereasy, the old E = mcc has worked very well ever since Henry Poincare wrote it down in 1900. Then Einstein picked it up and we're off to the races. I don't get where your improvement would let us see something we can't now see.

Am I missing something?

Vern

I haven't the slightest clue what it would do. I just threw it out there to see if it would jog anything.

See, sometimes I giggle when I see all of the physical "laws" we rely upon these days, which are based on nothing more than pure assumptions and hastily drawn conclusions...big ones.

It would be an entertaining exercise to extract all of the theories we have accepted as truth up to now, and evaluate them with respect to an actually thorough scientific method. I'd be willing to bet we would filter out much less than we think we already have, don't you?

I mean, what of this E=mcc? the value for c is a "relatively" God-awful huge number. It would be easy to square it to get some even bigger number. It's all "relative" in a way, anyway.

Has anyone actually sat right down in the middle of a nuclear explosion, and time-after-time verified the amount of energy produced to within a reasonable certainty? So, what if it wasn't c squared? What if it was two identical (or similar) values multiplied together. Does anyone really know? Nope.

Vern?

Takereasy said:
Has anyone actually sat right down in the middle of a nuclear explosion, and time-after-time verified the amount of energy produced to within a reasonable certainty? So, what if it wasn't c squared? What if it was two identical (or similar) values multiplied together. Does anyone really know?

I share your skepticism but have to say that the boys that wear the physics hats know their stuff better than you might think. I am continously amazed at the amount of things they can deduce from simple observations.

Keep on chuggin !

Vern

1. What is the connection between gravity and electromagnetic radiation (EMR)?

The connection between gravity and EMR is that both are fundamental forces of nature that play crucial roles in our understanding of the universe. Gravity is responsible for the attraction between objects with mass, while EMR is a form of energy that travels through space at the speed of light.

2. How does gravity affect EMR?

Gravity can affect the path of EMR, causing it to bend or distort as it passes through a massive object. This phenomenon, known as gravitational lensing, has been observed by scientists and is an important tool for studying distant objects in space.

3. Can EMR have an impact on gravity?

While EMR is not known to directly affect gravity, it does play a role in some theories of gravity. For example, in Einstein's theory of general relativity, EMR is one of the factors that can influence the curvature of space-time, and therefore the strength of gravity in a given area.

4. Are there any practical applications of the connection between gravity and EMR?

Yes, the understanding of this connection has led to various technologies such as gravitational wave detectors, which use EMR to detect ripples in space-time caused by massive objects such as black holes. This technology has allowed scientists to study and confirm many predictions made by Einstein's theory of general relativity.

5. Is there ongoing research on the connection between gravity and EMR?

Yes, there is ongoing research in this area as scientists continue to explore the fundamental forces of nature and their interactions. With advancements in technology, we are able to gather more data and gain a deeper understanding of the connection between gravity and EMR.