1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Gravity Questions

1. Sep 13, 2008 #1
    1. Two identical balls are dropped from rest, one at t=0, and the other a second later. Does the distance between them increase, decrease or remain the same.? Explain.

2. Write the general equations, in one dimension, for position and velocity of an object which experiences a constant acceleration.

Someone please help..i have no idea how to answer this. Thanks

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 13, 2008 #2

tony873004

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Do you know how to do #2?

For #1, just think about it. In between t=0 and t=1, will the balls be getting farther apart? After t=1, will the balls have identical velocity?

4. Sep 14, 2008 #3
    no they will not have identical velocities. so yea they will be the same distance between them. I dont know 2,

5. Sep 14, 2008 #4

LowlyPion

Homework Helper

Are you sure? What is the formula for distance of free fall in a gravity field? At the 3 second mark how far are they apart. At the 5 second mark how far apart are they?

6. Sep 14, 2008 #5
    i dunno wat formula ur tokin abt

7. Sep 14, 2008 #6

LowlyPion

Homework Helper

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?