Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Gravity shock wave

1. Aug 17, 2005 #1
    Gravity shock wave....

What if there is gravety shock waves in the univers.
    I asked a professor once and he said that they cant exist becouse it need infinit energy to create a gravety shock wave.

But what if they were created in the big bang so we have gravety shock waves now in the universe.

I am talking about a gravety wave that is infinit.

It is said that a gravety wave make a clock go a little faster or slower when it passes us.

Now what if the gravety wave were infinit and when it passad through us, time suddenly was very fast (or stopped).

Could it mean that we could step out anywere from this gravety spike.
    Are we not everywere in the gravety spike.
    Could this be a way for us to make a tunnel to another part of the universe.

What if these gravety spike waves exist in mikro cosmos among atoms.

What if they answer to the quantum physics we have a problem to understand.

What if it is a gravety spike that is created in the EPR-paradox.
    When a e- and e+ is collided and the photons is lying in the same gravety spike and when one photon interact it effect the other photon becouse they are in the same gravety wave-spike and actually in the same spot all the time but the spot is expanding as a spheric gravety shockwave-spike.

What if e- around a atom actually is a vibrating spheric gravety shock wave that try to escape from the gravety field from the nucleus.

And that is why the e- is in the spheric shell around the nucleus becouse the spheric shell is one place.

When I get bored I can explain most quantum physics with this concept.
    But im a little crazy so if you guys get upset, then im sorry.

Just a thought......

Regards Magi
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2005
  2. jcsd
  3. Aug 17, 2005 #2
    Whell I have studied at the university now for 5 years now and I still havent found a way to explain how I mean in a mathematical way.

When Edward Witten began to talk about vibrating surfices I thought I had found a way to explain what I have on my mind but I never got a chance to understand the mathematical side of it.
    Ill give it a go again sometime when I get older.

I just have a geometrical concept in a kind of 3.5 dimensional geometry and it works quite well in my brain, to explain quantum physics, but its a disaster every time I try to explain how I think.

Its about what happens if there is gravety waves created from the big bang that behave like a puls or shock wave and expand as a sperical shell and what happens when you are in the gravety shock wave when it passes through you.

When I then take the consept to micro cosmos and use the phenomena on a particle scale it is quite interesting becouse it then explain why we have wave-particle, electronic shells, nucleus quarks and EPR- paradox and so on.

But I have probably read to much SciFi.

Regards Magi
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2005
  4. Aug 17, 2005 #3

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

Hmmm, my last post went astray. Anyway, your english is hard to follow, but if you've had some graduate level GR courses, you might take a look at the Aichelburg-Sexyl boost.

Dunno if it's what you're looking for or not.
  5. Aug 18, 2005 #4

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

[snip]...but it doesn't necessarily answer the question of whether an impulsive wave (a wave which has a dirac delta function profile) is a "chock" wave.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2005
  6. Aug 23, 2005 #5
    I guess that is what I am talking about.

A gravety wave of dirac delta function profile.

What if they exist from the big bang and is all around us both in micro- and macro-cosmos?

Can they be detected?

Becouse if they exist I am quite sure we will have a new perspective on physics.

Regards Magi
  7. Aug 25, 2005 #6

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

According to GR, no spherically symmetric object will generate a gravitational wave of any kind (Birkhoff's theorem).

Because the universe is fairly isotropic (i.e. it appears to be spherically symmetric on a large scale), gravity waves from the Big Bang are not to be expected according to GR. (Small ones might exist due to anisotropies, I suppose).

We certainly haven't found any so far.
  8. Aug 26, 2005 #7
    I have not said that it would be created by a spherical object.
    But I just guess that when a gravety wave travel through space it has the shape of a spherical shell that expand in all directions with the speed of light.

Whell thanks for reading my post.
    I just think the idea is interesting and wanted to write it down somewere.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?