MasterIs the existence of gravity shock waves in the universe possible?

In summary, a gravity wave of dirac delta function profile is said to exist from the big bang and could be all around us. It has not been detected yet, but could be if we look for it. It is also said that it behaves similarly to a shock wave.
magi
Gravity shock wave...

Hi.

What if there is gravity shock waves in the univers.
I asked a professor once and he said that they can't exist becouse it need infinit energy to create a gravity shock wave.

But what if they were created in the big bang so we have gravity shock waves now in the universe.

I am talking about a gravity wave that is infinit.

It is said that a gravity wave make a clock go a little faster or slower when it passes us.

Now what if the gravity wave were infinit and when it passad through us, time suddenly was very fast (or stopped).

Could it mean that we could step out anywere from this gravity spike.
Are we not everywere in the gravity spike.
Could this be a way for us to make a tunnel to another part of the universe.

What if these gravity spike waves exist in mikro cosmos among atoms.

What if they answer to the quantum physics we have a problem to understand.

What if it is a gravity spike that is created in the EPR-paradox.
When a e- and e+ is collided and the photons is lying in the same gravity spike and when one photon interact it effect the other photon becouse they are in the same gravity wave-spike and actually in the same spot all the time but the spot is expanding as a spheric gravity shockwave-spike.

What if e- around a atom actually is a vibrating spheric gravity shock wave that try to escape from the gravity field from the nucleus.

And that is why the e- is in the spheric shell around the nucleus becouse the spheric shell is one place.

When I get bored I can explain most quantum physics with this concept.
But I am a little crazy so if you guys get upset, then I am sorry.

Just a thought...

Regards Magi

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Whell I have studied at the university now for 5 years now and I still haven't found a way to explain how I mean in a mathematical way.

When Edward Witten began to talk about vibrating surfices I thought I had found a way to explain what I have on my mind but I never got a chance to understand the mathematical side of it.
Ill give it a go again sometime when I get older.

I just have a geometrical concept in a kind of 3.5 dimensional geometry and it works quite well in my brain, to explain quantum physics, but its a disaster every time I try to explain how I think.

Its about what happens if there is gravity waves created from the big bang that behave like a puls or shock wave and expand as a sperical shell and what happens when you are in the gravity shock wave when it passes through you.

When I then take the concept to micro cosmos and use the phenomena on a particle scale it is quite interesting becouse it then explain why we have wave-particle, electronic shells, nucleus quarks and EPR- paradox and so on.

But I have probably read to much SciFi.

Regards Magi

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm, my last post went astray. Anyway, your english is hard to follow, but if you've had some graduate level GR courses, you might take a look at the Aichelburg-Sexyl boost.

http://arxiv.org/abs/gr-qc/0110032

Dunno if it's what you're looking for or not.

[snip]...but it doesn't necessarily answer the question of whether an impulsive wave (a wave which has a dirac delta function profile) is a "chock" wave.

Last edited by a moderator:
pervect said:
[snip]...but it doesn't necessarily answer the question of whether an impulsive wave (a wave which has a dirac delta function profile) is a "chock" wave.

I guess that is what I am talking about.

A gravity wave of dirac delta function profile.

What if they exist from the big bang and is all around us both in micro- and macro-cosmos?

Can they be detected?

Becouse if they exist I am quite sure we will have a new perspective on physics.

Regards Magi

According to GR, no spherically symmetric object will generate a gravitational wave of any kind (Birkhoff's theorem).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Birkhoff's_theorem_(relativity)

Because the universe is fairly isotropic (i.e. it appears to be spherically symmetric on a large scale), gravity waves from the Big Bang are not to be expected according to GR. (Small ones might exist due to anisotropies, I suppose).

We certainly haven't found any so far.

pervect said:
According to GR, no spherically symmetric object will generate a gravitational wave of any kind (Birkhoff's theorem).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Birkhoff's_theorem_(relativity)

Because the universe is fairly isotropic (i.e. it appears to be spherically symmetric on a large scale), gravity waves from the Big Bang are not to be expected according to GR. (Small ones might exist due to anisotropies, I suppose).

We certainly haven't found any so far.

I have not said that it would be created by a spherical object.
But I just guess that when a gravity wave travel through space it has the shape of a spherical shell that expand in all directions with the speed of light.

Whell thanks for reading my post.
I just think the idea is interesting and wanted to write it down somewere.

Regards

1. Is there evidence for the existence of gravity shock waves?

Yes, there is evidence for the existence of gravity shock waves in the universe. In 2016, the Laser Interferometer Gravitational-Wave Observatory (LIGO) detected gravitational waves, which are ripples in the fabric of space-time caused by the movement of massive objects. These gravitational waves are a type of gravity shock wave.

2. How are gravity shock waves different from regular gravitational waves?

Gravity shock waves are a type of gravitational wave that is caused by a sudden and violent event, such as a massive explosion or collision of two large objects. They have shorter wavelengths and higher frequencies compared to regular gravitational waves, making them more difficult to detect.

3. Can gravity shock waves travel faster than the speed of light?

No, gravity shock waves cannot travel faster than the speed of light. According to Einstein's theory of relativity, nothing can travel faster than the speed of light, including gravity waves. However, gravity shock waves can still have significant effects on the surrounding space-time even if they do not travel faster than light.

4. How do gravity shock waves affect objects in their path?

Gravity shock waves can cause distortions in space-time, which can affect the paths of objects in their vicinity. These distortions can be strong enough to cause objects to accelerate or change direction, but the effects are usually very small and difficult to detect.

5. Can gravity shock waves be used to travel through space?

No, gravity shock waves cannot be used for space travel. They are a natural phenomenon that is beyond our control. Additionally, the effects of gravity shock waves are not strong enough to propel objects through space at high speeds.