1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

GRE and admissions?

1. Dec 8, 2016 #1
    I was just wondering how significant the quantitative gre score was in admission decisions. My score isn't awful (76th percentile) and my pgre is 850. Just curious.

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 9, 2016 #2

radium

Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

They pretty much don't care about the general GRE at all as long as you get a reasonable score. Below 80th percentile might be considered low though since it is not a difficult test and you are competing with people in the humanities who may not have taken any math in college.

4. Dec 9, 2016 #3
    Would you recommend I take it again? Many of my grad school apps are due on Jan 15th, so I could squeeze in another attempt.

5. Dec 9, 2016 #4
    That seems like a waste of time and money, unless there is some reason to believe that you would do far better the second time around.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted