Find Out the Latest GRE Test Dates and Submission Tips - Don't Miss Out!

In summary, the subject test dates for this year are September 17th and October 29th, with scores available online on October 17th and November 28th respectively. The cut-off time for some schools is mid-December. It is safe to wait for your scores to be available online before sending them, as they are sent electronically. The deadlines for pGRE scores are just the dates by which they must be sent, so there should be no negative consequences as long as they are sent before the mid-December deadline.
broodmaster
Hi all.

This year the subject test dates are scheduled for September 17th, and October 29th, with scores being available online on October 17th, and November 28th respectively. I know the magic cut-off time for some of the schools I was looking at seem to be around mid-December.

I was wondering if anyone knew, especially for the second subject test, if holding off and waiting to see your score when it's available online before sending it will allow it to get there before these mid-December dates? I found this thread with a similar question, but it was from 2013. So I wanted to know if it was still safe today to hold out.

Thanks for any insight.

Physics news on Phys.org
I did this and had no problems. I believe that they are sent electronically. The deadlines for pGRE scores (if I recall correctly) are just the dates by which they must be sent - i.e., you won't have any negative consequences as long as you send them before the mid-December deadline.

Dishsoap said:
I did this and had no problems. I believe that they are sent electronically. The deadlines for pGRE scores (if I recall correctly) are just the dates by which they must be sent - i.e., you won't have any negative consequences as long as you send them before the mid-December deadline.

Thanks! Hopefully this clears things up for people in the future too.

1. When are the GRE test dates available?

The GRE test dates are available year-round, with appointments offered on a first-come, first-served basis. You can view the available dates and register for a test online through the official GRE website.

2. How often can I take the GRE?

You can take the GRE once every 21 days, up to five times within any continuous rolling 12-month period. However, you should keep in mind that you may only take the GRE a maximum of three times in a single testing year.

3. How do I submit my GRE scores to schools?

After completing the GRE, you will have the option to select up to four schools to send your scores to for free. If you want to send your scores to additional schools, you can request score reports for a fee through the official GRE website.

4. How long does it take for schools to receive my GRE scores?

It typically takes about 10-15 days for schools to receive your GRE scores after you have taken the test. However, this may vary depending on the specific school's processing times.

5. Can I change my GRE test date after registering?

Yes, you can change your GRE test date for a fee through the official GRE website. However, keep in mind that there may be a deadline for making changes and not all test centers offer every test date, so it is best to plan ahead and select a date that works for you.