1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

GRE Math Resources

1. Jun 15, 2016 #1
    I am planning to give the MATH GRE. I intend to go to physics graduate schools but I may have to given the MATH GRE according to my college's requirement. I very much like maths, but I'm overloaded with physics related work, including the GRE, since I have been making a transition from economics/maths to physics/maths.

What are the essential tips for someone like me looking to prepare for the GRE? What books should I go through for each topic?

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 15, 2016 #2

MarneMath

Education Advisor

Hmm. So you plan to go to graduate school for physics and that school requires MATH GRE? That's a bit unusual. Are you sure they don't mean the math portion of the regular GRE? If it's the former, then I can't help you with that. I did poorly on the math gre. If it's the latter, then I wouldn't worry about it to much if you're undergraduate is in physics, the math is pretty simple. I would simply look at old test to get a feel for the problems and learn how to solve those problems quickly

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted