How Does Preparing for the GRE Physics Test Benefit Your Career?

In summary: Does anybody know where I can get hold of a copy of the official ETS GRE Physics Prep Book? I've tried amazon, ebay and the major bookstores but nobody seem to have them in stock!If you're looking for a used copy, Amazon has a few.
ElectroPhysics
Share your experiences about benefits that u got by taking GRE Physics test.
U can also tell the story about your preperation for the test.

Physics news on Phys.org
I am currently preparing to take the test, I use Halliday and Resnick and also Serway for preparation. I have some schaums books to to review things from it.
I am to take it next nov.

hhegab

PS.
Pple here who have gone through this experience should help us in this please

Physics GRE

HI

Can anyone tell me some reference books and internet links for Physics GRE.

Thanks

Dimitra

best thing is to re-read the courses you had studied before in ur undergrad. and try to solve the 3 exams released from ETS.
you can share me ur opinions.
as for links,
www.grephysics.com is a nice link

hhegab

Does anybody know where I can get hold of a copy of the official ETS GRE Physics Prep Book? I've tried amazon, ebay and the major bookstores but nobody seem to have them in stock!

ElectroPhysics said:
Share your experiences about benefits that u got by taking GRE Physics test.
U can also tell the story about your preperation for the test.

Having an Engineering degree and applying to grad school in Physics, I was required to take the GRE Physics test.

About 3 or 4 days before my test, I found a book - it was either the ETS book or a Schaum's Series book - that basically listed a whole bunch of important results, without going into any of the theory. I quickly went through it to refresh my memory.

I did okay...not great, but not too bad, considering my background. I scored about 800 out of 990 (or about 80 percentile, if I recall correctly).

As I was accepted by more than half the grad schools that I applied to, I'm guessing the score didn't hurt me too badly.

Crumbles said:
Does anybody know where I can get hold of a copy of the official ETS GRE Physics Prep Book? I've tried amazon, ebay and the major bookstores but nobody seem to have them in stock!

Is not it ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Gokul43201 said:
Is not it ?

Thanks for that, didn't think of checking on the .com site! :blushing: I wish they did it on the UK site. Guess I'll just have to wait longer for delivery!

Last edited by a moderator:
USD 125 sounds a bit steep for such a book to me though! :uhh:

Yeah, books are way expensive here. But oddly, there was something about $13...on that page - I didn't look carefully to see what that was.

I sometimes buy books from the UK to get them cheaper. :redface:

Gokul43201, can u give me some names of those places you applied to?

mborn

1. How should I prepare for the GRE Physics test?

The best way to prepare for the GRE Physics test is to start early and create a study plan. Make use of study guides and practice tests to familiarize yourself with the content and format of the exam. Additionally, review your undergraduate coursework and focus on areas where you may need more practice.

2. What are some helpful tips for studying for the GRE Physics test?

One helpful tip is to practice solving problems with a timer to simulate the time constraints of the actual test. It's also important to review fundamental concepts and equations, as well as familiarize yourself with the test-taking strategies and question types. Additionally, work on improving your time management skills and focus on areas where you may struggle.

3. How many times can I take the GRE Physics test?

You can take the GRE Physics test up to three times in a 12-month period, with no more than five attempts in a lifetime. However, it's important to note that some schools may only consider your highest score, while others may average your scores.

4. Is there a recommended study timeline for the GRE Physics test?

It's recommended to start studying for the GRE Physics test at least 3-4 months before your desired test date. This will give you enough time to create a study plan, review content, and take practice tests. It's also important to leave some buffer time in case you need to retake the exam.

5. Are there any helpful resources for GRE Physics test prep?

There are many resources available for GRE Physics test prep, such as study guides, online practice tests, and review courses. You can also find helpful study tips and practice questions in physics textbooks and on educational websites. Additionally, consider joining a study group or hiring a tutor for personalized help and support.