• Support PF! Buy your school textbooks, materials and every day products Here!

Great Book for Physics

Main Question or Discussion Point

Good Day !

Hi Everyone! I would like to ask if anybody out there can suggest what would be the best and fun to read physics book out there? With a content about History of Physics ; How it Started . Trivia and Interesting facts about Physics and many more.

Answers and Replies

DEvens
Education Advisor
Gold Member
If you can find some of Asimov's books explaining various science topics, they are all pretty fun, even if they are getting a bit outdated.

Weinberg's _The First Three Minutes_ and Hawking's _Brief History of Time_ are good intros to cosmology. Sagan's _Cosmos_ (preferably the big hard cover, though expensive, and the vids if you can find them, also likely expensive) is a lot of fun.

If you can find some of Asimov's books explaining various science topics, they are all pretty fun, even if they are getting a bit outdated.

Weinberg's _The First Three Minutes_ and Hawking's _Brief History of Time_ are good intros to cosmology. Sagan's _Cosmos_ (preferably the big hard cover, though expensive, and the vids if you can find them, also likely expensive) is a lot of fun.
I thank you for this sire, if you don't mind , do you have any link for this good sir? :)

DEvens
Education Advisor
Gold Member
Good Day !

Hi Everyone! I would like to ask if anybody out there can suggest what would be the best and fun to read physics book out there? With a content about History of Physics ; How it Started . Trivia and Interesting facts about Physics and many more.
I'm reading Hyperspace by Michio Kaku at the moment, I would highly recommend it.

I'm reading Hyperspace by Michio Kaku at the moment, I would highly recommend it.
did you pay for that online? or you purchase one from the bookstore? -- too bad i cant find links that allow me to read the book for free. so far . . . .

did you pay for that online? or you purchase one from the bookstore? -- too bad i cant find links that allow me to read the book for free. so far . . . .
I can send you the book for free when I list it in my Book Give-Away thread

I can send you the book for free when I list it in my Book Give-Away thread
Thanks Bernhardt. I really appreciate that.