Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Great Ideas

1. Jun 10, 2005 #1

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

As a devout environmentalist, probably my greatest acts of heresy result from my love of Jacuzzis and whirlpool bathtubs. We had a tub at another house and hated to leave it. We just finished installing a new one here and my oh my, what a great thing. The whirlpool tub is really a great compromise between a standard tub and a full size jaccuzi. As long as you don't go overboard and put a small swimming pool in the bathroom, the energy consumption is minimal, there is little to no special maintenance. And they function better that a full sized unit since all of jets are directed at you. I have never found anything short of morphine that is more relaxing. :approve: And they don't even cost and arm and a leg anymore. We bought a very affordable American Standard tub that is perfect for our needs.

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 10, 2005 #2

Evo

Staff: Mentor

My house had a jacuzzi, but it was stolen while it was being built and was replaced with a "roman" tub. That was a fight with the realtor, he kept insisting there was a jacuzzi and I kept telling him there wasn't. :grumpy:

Anyway, I'm packing my bathing suit and I''ll be there in a few days Ivan. :biggrin: Have the steaks ready, ok?

4. Jun 10, 2005 #3

Integral

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Sounds like a party!

So the bathroom is done? Good to hear, did you ever find the matching fixtures you wanted?

5. Jun 10, 2005 #4
    My bathroom is so small, I could never fit one in. I have a few friends who have big ones, outside..nice.
    I do have a problem if they get to hot, I kind of get queazy feeling.
    This is my first house with out a swimming pool. I didn't think I would miss it as much as I do, there so much work. But its been 90+degrees for 6 days now and submerging in any kind of water sounds wonderful to me.

6. Jun 10, 2005 #5
    You're jealous.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Jun 10, 2005 #6

JamesU

Gold Member

stop whining, it's been 95-110 degrees here for the past two weeks

8. Jun 10, 2005 #7

JamesU

Gold Member

of.........?

9. Jun 10, 2005 #8
    Yes I want that pool...please?

10. Jun 10, 2005 #9
    It's mine!

11. Jun 10, 2005 #10

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Nice pool. :cry:

12. Jun 10, 2005 #11
    I will trade you a cat with wings for it

13. Jun 10, 2005 #12

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I found the fixtures but we're not done; though the tub is in and functional. Now I have to figure out where I can steal a dedicated circuit so that it meets code. My breaker box is about, well, it is maxxed out - with the 50A 240V sent to the office. But for the moment an industrial grade extension cord works. :redface:

Anyway, I thought that a thread about great products and ideas might be handy. And the whirlpool bathtub at least makes the first page on my list. :approve:

By the way hypatia, you can get one that fits into the hole for a standard tub.

Whozum, that's a beautiful pool! Unfortunately we could only use it here about two months out of the year! :biggrin: Around here, even the frogs wear wet suits.

14. Jun 10, 2005 #13
    I'm going to look into it, I didn't know they came in small sizes.

15. Jun 11, 2005 #14

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Okay, but don't worry about the suit. :uhh:

:bugeye:

16. Jun 11, 2005 #15

Danger

Gold Member

You can quityerbichin' too, young'un. I had 3cm of snow in my yard last week. :grumpy:

17. Jun 11, 2005 #16

JamesU

Gold Member

I'll just put this needle in your arm and you can go right to sleep

--███████---|

it's my special Btoli cure :wink:

has anyone seen BT?

18. Jun 11, 2005 #17

Danger

Gold Member

Forget it, you sawed-off Frankenstein. Ivan is the only one who can get near me with a needle, and that's only because I know what Tsu puts in them.

Quiet, you idiot! Speak not its name lest it appear! Didn't you ever watch Buffy?

19. Jun 11, 2005 #18

JamesU

Gold Member

oh, my god, no!

20. Jun 11, 2005 #19

Danger

Gold Member

You are culturally deprived.

21. Jun 11, 2005 #20

JamesU

Gold Member

Actually, I tried to watch it once, but I was overwhelmed by bad acting and had to turn it off

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?