1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Great Ideas

1. Jun 10, 2005 #1

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

As a devout environmentalist, probably my greatest acts of heresy result from my love of Jacuzzis and whirlpool bathtubs. We had a tub at another house and hated to leave it. We just finished installing a new one here and my oh my, what a great thing. The whirlpool tub is really a great compromise between a standard tub and a full size jaccuzi. As long as you don't go overboard and put a small swimming pool in the bathroom, the energy consumption is minimal, there is little to no special maintenance. And they function better that a full sized unit since all of jets are directed at you. I have never found anything short of morphine that is more relaxing. :approve: And they don't even cost and arm and a leg anymore. We bought a very affordable American Standard tub that is perfect for our needs.

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 10, 2005 #2

Evo

Staff: Mentor

My house had a jacuzzi, but it was stolen while it was being built and was replaced with a "roman" tub. That was a fight with the realtor, he kept insisting there was a jacuzzi and I kept telling him there wasn't. :grumpy:

Anyway, I'm packing my bathing suit and I''ll be there in a few days Ivan. :biggrin: Have the steaks ready, ok?

4. Jun 10, 2005 #3

Integral

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Sounds like a party!

So the bathroom is done? Good to hear, did you ever find the matching fixtures you wanted?

5. Jun 10, 2005 #4
    My bathroom is so small, I could never fit one in. I have a few friends who have big ones, outside..nice.
    I do have a problem if they get to hot, I kind of get queazy feeling.
    This is my first house with out a swimming pool. I didn't think I would miss it as much as I do, there so much work. But its been 90+degrees for 6 days now and submerging in any kind of water sounds wonderful to me.

6. Jun 10, 2005 #5
    You're jealous.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Jun 10, 2005 #6

JamesU

Gold Member

stop whining, it's been 95-110 degrees here for the past two weeks

8. Jun 10, 2005 #7

JamesU

Gold Member

of.........?

9. Jun 10, 2005 #8
    Yes I want that pool...please?

10. Jun 10, 2005 #9
    It's mine!

11. Jun 10, 2005 #10

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Nice pool. :cry:

12. Jun 10, 2005 #11
    I will trade you a cat with wings for it

13. Jun 10, 2005 #12

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I found the fixtures but we're not done; though the tub is in and functional. Now I have to figure out where I can steal a dedicated circuit so that it meets code. My breaker box is about, well, it is maxxed out - with the 50A 240V sent to the office. But for the moment an industrial grade extension cord works. :redface:

Anyway, I thought that a thread about great products and ideas might be handy. And the whirlpool bathtub at least makes the first page on my list. :approve:

By the way hypatia, you can get one that fits into the hole for a standard tub.

Whozum, that's a beautiful pool! Unfortunately we could only use it here about two months out of the year! :biggrin: Around here, even the frogs wear wet suits.

14. Jun 10, 2005 #13
    I'm going to look into it, I didn't know they came in small sizes.

15. Jun 11, 2005 #14

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Okay, but don't worry about the suit. :uhh:

:bugeye:

16. Jun 11, 2005 #15

Danger

Gold Member

You can quityerbichin' too, young'un. I had 3cm of snow in my yard last week. :grumpy:

17. Jun 11, 2005 #16

JamesU

Gold Member

I'll just put this needle in your arm and you can go right to sleep

--███████---|

it's my special Btoli cure :wink:

has anyone seen BT?

18. Jun 11, 2005 #17

Danger

Gold Member

Forget it, you sawed-off Frankenstein. Ivan is the only one who can get near me with a needle, and that's only because I know what Tsu puts in them.

Quiet, you idiot! Speak not its name lest it appear! Didn't you ever watch Buffy?

19. Jun 11, 2005 #18

JamesU

Gold Member

oh, my god, no!

20. Jun 11, 2005 #19

Danger

Gold Member

You are culturally deprived.

21. Jun 11, 2005 #20

JamesU

Gold Member

Actually, I tried to watch it once, but I was overwhelmed by bad acting and had to turn it off

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?