Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Great update to the PF app

1. Mar 12, 2016 #1
    For long I've felt the PF app (iOS, no idea about Android) was lacking. Today's update is great. Makes it work great and look great. Nice work, developers.

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 12, 2016 #2
    I think the updates are nice too, enjoy! Love that Insights (blog) is easily accessible. Spread the word!

4. Mar 15, 2016 #3
    I like the new iOS interface better as well. But my only complaint is that I seem to have lost my "subscribe" function. There are many threads that I don't feel competent to contribute to, but I still like to try to follow the discussion.
    I'm sure there's a way to specify threads that I'd like keeps abreast of... but how?

5. Mar 15, 2016 #4
    Never mind. I found it. Thanks anyway.

6. Mar 15, 2016 #5
    The star.

Edit: Is the unread stream broken? I don't understand what it shows: unread updates from my subscribed forums? Wouldn't that just be too much?

7. Mar 15, 2016 #6

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

I'm not sure if this is related, but as of yesterday, I can no longer scroll in mobile chrome post text boxes. So I'd better get the post right the first time!

8. Mar 16, 2016 #7

DrDu

Science Advisor

I get an error message with Android: Can't connect to the server, try again later.

9. Mar 16, 2016 #8
    Not related, but I will look into it :)

Anyone else on android?

10. Mar 17, 2016 #9

DrDu

Science Advisor

Seems to work now. Thanks!

11. Mar 17, 2016 #10
    Can someone clarify the updates stream for me. What updates do I see there? It's not just from my subscriptions; I'm seeing updates from every single thread, so that's a lot and, if that is what it is, it makes the updates stream pretty useless.

12. Mar 17, 2016 #11
    Are you somehow "watching" every thread?

13. Mar 18, 2016 #12
    Unlikely. I see updates, for example, from engineering, computer science homework and biology sections which I have never visited, let alone subscribed to. I'll visit my profile later on my Mac, check again and update here.

14. Mar 18, 2016 #13
    Update: Everything looks good. I'm not watching all threads, but I still get an overflowing updates stream.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted