Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Greatest idea ever

1. Mar 11, 2006 #1
    so i was in the Dining Commons today, and they had some corn bread squares at the dessert station. at first glance, they looked a bit like rice crispies treats, and i got all excited. upon further inspection, i realized what they really were and became thoroughly dissapointed. then i looked around the DC in saddness when brilliance struck. They have rice crispies cereal, and at the hot chocolate station, there are marshmallows, and why, they even have butter out for toast, I CAN MAKE MY OWN RICE CRISPIES TREATS!!!

yes yes, i know its genius. completely free snackage, mmm. all i need is a pot and a pan though. not how to go about aquiring those... the genius has to stop somewhere i guess...
  2. jcsd
  3. Mar 11, 2006 #2

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Does it have a microwave? It won't be easy, but I bet something could be managed!
  4. Mar 11, 2006 #3
    we have a microwave and an oven and range in the kitchen in our dorm. no problem there! hehe, i can't imagine making rice crispies treats in the DC microwave... that'd be a bit suspicious. technically i'm not allowed to do this.. but whatever. pssh.
  5. Mar 11, 2006 #4

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Well, if you're not allowed, then I won't condone it. :tongue: It would probably take a bit of experimenting to figure out how to melt the marshmallows anyways.

A pot and pan couldn't be all that difficult to find, could it? Surely you can bum one off of your friends, especially if you bribe them with promises of getting a treat when you're done!
  6. Mar 11, 2006 #5
    although no one but apparently hurkyl cares, it was a success. i just finished them, and they look goooooood. i even got some m&ms from the ice cream station to top them, check it out.

college style rice crispies treats. i used some persons bowl and all the ingredients from the DC. completetly and utterly free. mmmmm. the tasts of victory.
  7. Mar 11, 2006 #6
    If I had a mouth it would be trying to eat those through the screen. Looks yummy! :tongue2:
  8. Mar 11, 2006 #7
    Very Cool Gale! :cool:
  9. Mar 11, 2006 #8
    i knows. they're yummy guys, in case you wanted to know.
  10. Mar 11, 2006 #9

Gold Member

Doesn't look very good
  11. Mar 11, 2006 #10
    to steal what gale says: those look 'super yummy'! :rofl:

..........wait a minute, what the is that poster in the background you dork? Pi=3.14159??? Everyone cool knows the good poster is e = 2.178281828.....
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2006
  12. Mar 11, 2006 #11
    penguins suck!!

and yeah, its 200k digits of pi. i'm that cool.
  13. Mar 11, 2006 #12
    Where can I get a poster like that?
  14. Mar 11, 2006 #13
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2006
  15. Mar 11, 2006 #14
    What a waste of paper. You could fit a full size nude woman on that poster.....
  16. Mar 11, 2006 #15
    Yeah Gale, you could fit a full size nude woman on that poster :smile:
  17. Mar 11, 2006 #16

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Now, that's using the old bean! Good job, Gale! Bon appetit!
  18. Mar 11, 2006 #17
    Unlike you I am drawn to matters far more important then mere physical pleasure. You know why. o:) :wink:
  19. Mar 11, 2006 #18
  20. Mar 11, 2006 #19
    wouldn't she rip it? why not leave the poster on the wall and put the full sized nude woman on the rice crispie treats?
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?