Searching for New Energy Sources

In summary, this person is asking if anyone on the site is involved in research and development of energy sources, and when asked why, they say that perpetual motion machines are impossible and urge the reader to learn real science.
Hyperthread
Is anyone here involved in the search for new energy sources?

Engineering news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF!

That's a bit of a loaded question. There are a lot of good energy sources already in use and a lot of people are researching how to improve our use of them. But there isn't much left to look for in terms of discovering new sources.

I did not mean for the question to be loaded, I am asking if anyone on this site is involved with a serious attempt at energy production.

Does growing biofuel count?

I'm always on the search for new green energy sources.
Pak Choi and Broccolini are the latest I've found at my vege shop. I will likely produce them myself soon :smile:

I suppose I'll answer with a question. Why do ou want to know if anyone here works in those kinds of fields? If you have a question about them, just ask the question.

While I was in school me and my brother made a device that transforms human energy into electricity. This isn't new as we were inspired by bicycle used for workout in gym. We made a device that generate by humans walking on it. This can be used in park or railway station. So human source can be considered to generate. You have to find the right mechanism.

I have found, and made a working model of a lever which is positioned between two springs. The lever is two parts, one that is greater than one to one, and one that is one to one which. The two remain constant in position to each other throughout the movement. I now have the design for the switch. So, what I am saying is when switched one way, the one spring compresses the other and when switched to the second position, the two springs are equal which drives the lever back to the starting position. I am asking because I am at the point of asking if anyone here is involved in this research and development. Thank-you.

I thought I smelled something -- so this is a perpetual motion machine thread. We don't do perpetual motion machines here because they are impossible. I urge you to stop pursuing this impossible idea and learn some real science instead. Thread locked.

Likes CWatters

1. What is the current state of energy sources and why is there a need for new ones?

The majority of energy used worldwide comes from non-renewable sources such as fossil fuels. These sources are finite and contribute to environmental issues such as air pollution and climate change. As the global population and energy demand continue to rise, there is a need to find new, sustainable energy sources.

2. What are some potential new energy sources being researched?

Some potential new energy sources being researched include solar, wind, hydropower, geothermal, biomass, and nuclear fusion. Each of these sources has its own advantages and challenges, and scientists are continuously exploring new technologies and innovations to harness them efficiently.

3. How do scientists search for new energy sources?

Scientists use a variety of methods to search for new energy sources. This may include laboratory experiments, computer simulations, field studies, and collaborations with other researchers. They also analyze existing data and research to identify potential areas for further investigation.

4. What are the challenges in finding and implementing new energy sources?

One of the main challenges in finding and implementing new energy sources is the cost of research and development. It can also be difficult to scale up and integrate new technologies into existing energy infrastructure. Additionally, there may be social and political barriers to overcome, as well as potential environmental impacts to consider.

5. How can individuals contribute to the search for new energy sources?

Individuals can contribute to the search for new energy sources by conserving energy and using it efficiently in their daily lives. They can also support and invest in renewable energy projects and technologies. Additionally, individuals can educate themselves and others about the importance of finding sustainable energy sources and advocate for policies that promote their development and use.