Integral of C1 Function over Region D: How to Find Value

In summary, the conversation discusses the definition of C as the border of the given area D, and the value of an integral over that area. The conversation also mentions using a grin sentence to transform the integral to a new D*, and shows the steps taken to solve the integral, ultimately leading to a mistake in the answer. The conversation ends with a request for an explanation of the shape of D.
ori
we define C as the border of the area
D={(x,y)|(x^2+y^2)^2<=x^2-y^2,x>=0}
whats the value of the integral
S(x^2y^3+2y)dx+(x^3y^2+3x)dy
C
while C is against the clock direction

it's the possitive direction,
the field components are from C1 (continious and devertive continious)
the area connected and muzzled
so i tried to used grin sentence and got:
SSdQ/dx-dP/dy
D

SS1dxdy
D

trans to D*:
x=rcost
y=rsint
therefore j=r

i assigned that at to D to get new D*
r^4<=r^2(cos^2(t)-sin^2(t))
r^2<=[1+cos(2t)]/2 - [1-cos(2t)]/2
r^2<=cos(2t)
0<=r<=sqrt(cos(2t))

also
x>=0 therefore
rcost>=0
cost>=0
-pi/2<=t<=pi/2

so our integral is
SSr dr dt
D*

S [r^2/2] dt
(1/2)S cos(2t) dt
(1/2) [sin(2t)/2]
(1/4) (0+0 )

the right answer is 1/2

where's my mistake?
thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
i found my mistake at the ingeral just how i choose the shape please?

1. What is the definition of an integral of a C1 function over a region D?

The integral of a C1 function over a region D is a mathematical concept that represents the accumulation of a function over a given region. It is denoted as ∫f(x,y) dA, where f(x,y) is the C1 function and dA represents the differential area of the region D.

2. How is the value of an integral of a C1 function over a region D calculated?

The value of an integral of a C1 function over a region D is calculated using the double integral formula: ∫∫f(x,y) dA = ∫aᵇ∫cᵈf(x,y) dydx. This involves evaluating the inner integral first, which gives a function of x, and then integrating this function with respect to x over the limits a and b.

3. What properties should be satisfied for a C1 function to have a well-defined integral over a region D?

A C1 function must be continuous and have continuous partial derivatives in order to have a well-defined integral over a region D. This means that the function must not have any breaks or jumps, and the gradients at any point must be continuous.

4. Can the value of an integral of a C1 function over a region D be negative?

Yes, the value of an integral of a C1 function over a region D can be negative. This can occur if the function has negative values or if the region D is below the x-axis. The sign of the integral depends on the function and the shape of the region D.

5. How can the value of an integral of a C1 function over a region D be used in scientific research?

The value of an integral of a C1 function over a region D can be used in a variety of scientific research areas, such as physics, engineering, and economics. It can be used to calculate quantities such as area, volume, and mass, and can also be used to solve problems related to optimization and motion. Additionally, it can be used to analyze data and make predictions in different fields of study.