Can Leaving Green Tea Out Overnight Poison You?

In summary, the conversation discusses whether leaving green tea out overnight can make it poisonous. One person believes it is an urban myth and the other suggests that it may become very bitter over time. There is also mention of potential chemical reactions and the recommendation not to drink tea that has been left out overnight.
asdf1
i've heard that if you leave green tea out overnight, it'll become poisonious. is that true?

Chemistry news on Phys.org
dunno..naver heard before

I'm sure if that were true then every green tea box would have warning labels all over them, but they don't. That is probably an urban myth.

No, it's not true. Although I suppose if you've got a lot of sugar in and you've got a very unsanitary kitchen then you might be looking for trouble.

lol~
thanks!

no?
i have heard that it is yes
but sometime haveto see what type is the tea is some yes some no

asdf1 said:
i've heard that if you leave green tea out overnight, it'll become poisonious. is that true?
If you're talking about tea leaves being steeped in water, then it can become very bitter over the course of several hours.

will there be chemical reactions as a result?

No idea. I wouldn't want to drink any, that's for sure.

1. Can leaving green tea out overnight really poison you?

There is no scientific evidence to suggest that leaving green tea out overnight will result in poisoning. However, if the tea is not stored properly and is exposed to bacteria, it could potentially become contaminated and make you sick.

2. How long can green tea be left out before it becomes unsafe to drink?

In general, it is recommended to consume green tea within 8 hours of brewing. After this time, it is best to discard the tea to avoid any potential bacterial growth. If stored properly in a sealed container, green tea can last up to 24 hours.

3. Can reheating green tea that has been left out make it safe to drink?

No, reheating green tea that has been left out will not make it safe to drink. In fact, reheating can potentially promote bacterial growth and increase the risk of contamination. It is best to discard any leftover green tea that has been left out for an extended period of time.

4. Is it safe to leave green tea out overnight if it is stored in the refrigerator?

Storing green tea in the refrigerator can slow down the growth of bacteria, but it is still not recommended to leave it out overnight even if it is refrigerated. It is best to consume the tea within 8 hours to ensure its safety.

5. What are the signs that green tea has gone bad?

If green tea has gone bad, it will have a sour or unpleasant smell and taste. You may also notice visible mold or discoloration in the tea. If you notice any of these signs, it is best to discard the tea to avoid any potential health risks.