1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Greens Theorem

1. May 25, 2010 #1
    The Integral I is defined by

I = Integral F . dr Where F = (x-y, xy) << This is a verticle vector, i just didn'nt know how to write it with latex.

And C is a triangle with the vertices (0,0), (1,0) and (1,3) tracked anticlockwise.

Calculate the line integral using greens theorem

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks

PS sorry about my lack of LaTeX typesetting

2. jcsd
  3. May 25, 2010 #2

vela

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Education Advisor

You need to make an attempt and show your work before you're going to get any help. A good place to start would be to see what Green's theorem says.

4. May 25, 2010 #3

Mark44

Staff: Mentor

Also, this is hardly a Precalculus question. That's what the Calculus & Beyond section is for.

5. May 26, 2010 #4

vela

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Education Advisor

You should make an effort to learn how to use LaTeX, particularly for this problem as the typesetting will make the equations much easier to read. Click on the following link for an intro to LaTeX.

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=8997

I saw in your duplicate thread before it got deleted a vague description of Green's theorem, lacking a lot of important details. Try giving us the theorem in the form of an equation (you'll get to try out LaTeX!) and relate the quantities involved to those in this problem.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook