Staying Sharp: A Mathematician's Journey Through Time and Technology

• Thread starter Skyblues
  • Start date
In summary, "Staying Sharp: A Mathematician's Journey Through Time and Technology" discusses the importance of continuously learning and adapting in the field of mathematics, especially with the rapid advancements in technology. The book follows the journey of a mathematician as they navigate through different eras and technological developments, highlighting the challenges and opportunities that come with each. It emphasizes the need to stay curious, open-minded, and adaptable in order to thrive in the ever-evolving world of mathematics.
Skyblues
Hi all,

I'm an old guy who loves Mathematics and Physics.

I got my BSEE in 1986 but have since moved over to the dark side (software and firmware).

I have always loved Math and Science (Physics in particular) so I try to keep up with it so I don't forget everything I learned in school. I do this merely for the love of math and science.

I'm also a calculator and software geek so always have one or two of those up while reviewing and playing with problems .

My current favorites are the HP Prime calculator and Maplesoft Maple 2016. There are lots of good calculators and software out there (I have quite a few) but these are my current favorites. Next month may be different :-)

Thanks for putting together a great forum!

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome Skyblues! Hope you enjoy it here. Cute avatar!