What inspired a lifelong passion for science and engineering?

• Thread starter CircuitBurner
  • Start date
In summary, a lifelong passion for science and engineering can be inspired by a variety of factors, including curiosity, exposure to technology and innovation, and influential mentors. Many individuals are drawn to these fields due to their desire to understand the world and solve complex problems. Childhood experiences, such as tinkering with toys or participating in science fairs, can also spark a lifelong interest in science and engineering. Additionally, the impact of groundbreaking discoveries and advancements in these fields can inspire individuals to pursue a career in science and engineering. Ultimately, passion for these subjects is fueled by a combination of personal interest and external influences.
CircuitBurner
I am a lifelong science and engineering fanatic, who was taught to solder at age 5 by grandfather who raised me. After world war-2 he worked in the special weapons program at los alamos new mexico, and on the nuclear rocket propulsion system (NERVA) used to reach the moon (yes, a NERVA engine was indeed carried in the apollo serice module) (shhhh)
So, my exposure to him and everything aerodynamics / flight related had profound effects on my future trajectory.
From model rocketry as a 2nd grader, to flying helicopters in late teens, I had always wanted to be an astronaut. In another adjacent quantum thread I am an astronaut,... I am just currently stuck here in this one, I am assuming to solve some puzzle before getting to switch back.
While here, I've developed extensive experience in electronics, digital logic circuits, computers, RF communications, and robotics. I have been granted 4 US utility patents by the USPTO.With that out of the way,

Beware of Romulans bearing gifts..

Likes cnh1995
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF! Great to have you!