Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Greetings from Portland, OR

1. Mar 8, 2017 #1
    I just joined the forum because I have a deep interest in understanding the world we live in. Not to start this out with people challenging my sanity but I am one who has been compelled to question the ball earth. I am not here to fight with people and throw out unfounded insults. I am more interested in open dialogue with open minded people that might listen to my questions and points and comment back with frank and factual responses. I will extend the same courtesy.

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 8, 2017 #2

phinds

Gold Member
    2016 Award

Welcome to the forum, but if you mean that you believe in a flat earth, this is probably not the forum for you since we deal in actual science.

4. Mar 8, 2017 #3

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Welcome flat, please read our rules, we do not allow discussions of of pseudoscience, to put it nicely. Just so that you are aware.

5. Mar 8, 2017 #4
    Wow. I've signed up all of 10 minutes ago and have already received not one but two condescending replies challenging my position. I do not absolutely believe the earth is flat but I have questions about it and thought that people here may be open to hearing me out. Rather than ridiculing me.

6. Mar 8, 2017 #5

Evo

Staff: Mentor

The replies were not condescending and you were not ridiculed. We simply politely advised you of our rules, which was for your benefit so that you did not spend time posting something that would not be allowed. It's considered a courtesy.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook