Exploring Unconventional Approaches to Understanding Gravity

• Thread starter Sloth
  • Start date
Sloth
I am a pretty metal dude surviving life some days, living it on others. Piddling with college without much enthusiasm due to a Communist instructor failing me for not conforming. That is a literal statement, not entendre or idiom. I have always suffered from the consuming disease of curiosity, and the sciences have held a fascination for me since I started existing.

I mess with guitar, I read books, play video games, dig ditches (lol, again: that is a literal statement), screw around with science, eat, sleep, etc. I am particularly into the relationships of space/time and matter/energy. Since all that is is a mélange of the former, it makes sense to me to root my notions from the (known) properties of said subject matter.

I feel the issues involved with understanding gravity are something that deserves intense and unorthodox contemplation and mathematical woodshedding. Since I am a toddler in terms of those maths, I personally elect to simply try to see it. Now that last bit is a poor statement under the weight of the above, but there are some things I am not capable of delivering in a deadpan outright manner...

Attachments

• IMG_20150316_152010.jpg
    IMG_20150316_152010.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 256
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF!

What types of metal music do you play?

I don't think you instructor was a communist probably just humorless. Now, I had a communist instructor in college. He was an English Prof into Blake and Maoism in he 1970's.

He was an interesting dude that I felt was really confused. There'd be an argument in class among students debating his views on life and I would have break them up with a clever comment that they couldn't decide was serious or humorous (my Irish nature). He was very nonconformist.

Likes Evo
Sloth said:
I feel the issues involved with understanding gravity are something that deserves intense and unorthodox contemplation and mathematical woodshedding.
Regarding "unorthodox contemplation" be advised of one of our most important guidelines here a Physics Forums (https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/physics-forums-global-guidelines.414380/):
We wish to discuss mainstream science.That means only topics that can be found in textbooks or that have been published in reputable journals.
We strongly discourage personal theories, especially those that purport to contradict the current notions in mainstream science.

Likes Evo