Introducing a Third Year Physics Undergrad from Canada | New to Forums

• Thread starter xfoo
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Greetings
In summary, xfoo is a new member of the forums and is a third year physics undergraduate in Canada. He is twiddling his thumbs and introducing himself. He likes goldfish and is new to the forums. He is fishwacked and initiated into the forum.
xfoo
Hi,

I'm new to the forums (well, I did post one other post when I registered last week or so) and thought I'd introduce myself. I kind of feel weird writing this actually, but I think I'd feel more awkward just randomly inserting myself into the conversation (wait, am I doing that right now?). Anyway, I'm currently a third year physics undergraduate in Canada. *twiddles thumbs*

Okay, that's all I got for now.

*slides away*

Physics news on Phys.org
Hello, Bienvenue etc to PF. I'm sure someone will be along presently with your fish (best not to ask). :smile:

Welcome to the forum xfoo!

What's your favorite fish?

Hi xfoo! No need to feel uncomfortable, folks here are pretty nice :smile: .

Welcome! (Don't worry about the fish. Its a one time thing.)

I'm sure you will enjoy the forums.

Oh, err... I don't really have a favourite fish, but I like goldfish!

xfoo said:
I'm new to the forums (well, I did post one other post when I registered last week or so) and thought I'd introduce myself. I kind of feel weird writing this actually, but I think I'd feel more awkward just randomly inserting myself into the conversation (wait, am I doing that right now?). Anyway, I'm currently a third year physics undergraduate in Canada. *twiddles thumbs*
Welcome to PF, xfoo.

Thumb twiddling is a popular competitive sport at PF. You're probably just in time for tryouts. Do you twiddle singles or doubles?

Welcome to PF, Xfoo.
You Yanks had better watch your backs; another Canuk in the fray. We'll have you outnumbered soon. :devil:

Welcome Xfoo!

xfoo said:
Oh, err... I don't really have a favourite fish, but I like goldfish!
Goldfish!

Ok.

<thwip, thwip, thwip>

You have been officially fishwacked and initiated into the forum.

Goldfish, geeze. :biggrin:

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone. I think I'll go with doubles twiddling -- keeps my brain in check. Sort of.

Evo: Good thing I didn't say sunfish otherwise I might be unconscious by now... ! But a puny goldfish, heh, can't do much harm. :D

xfoo said:
But a puny goldfish, heh, can't do much harm. :D

That depends upon how it's applied. Believe me, you don't want to test Evo's imagination.

Aha! I see the treachery!

But I'm ok with being slapped with an angelfish.
Or...not...lol.

Welcome, I'm new too :]

elephantorz said:
But I'm ok with being slapped with an angelfish.

THWACK! Welcome to PF. :biggrin:

1. What can I expect from the forums as a newcomer?

As a newcomer to the forums, you can expect a warm welcome from the community. You can also expect to find a diverse range of discussions and topics related to science, as well as the opportunity to connect with other scientists and experts in your field of study.

2. How can I introduce myself to the forums?

The best way to introduce yourself to the forums is to create a post in the "Introductions" section. This is where new members can share a bit about themselves, their interests, and their background in science. It's a great way to start connecting with other members.

3. Are there any rules or guidelines I should be aware of?

Yes, there are rules and guidelines that all members are expected to follow in order to maintain a respectful and productive community. These can usually be found in the "Forum Rules" or "Community Guidelines" section. Be sure to read and understand them before participating in discussions.

4. How can I contribute to the forums as a scientist?

There are many ways you can contribute to the forums as a scientist. You can share your knowledge and expertise by participating in discussions, offering advice and insights, and answering questions from other members. You can also start your own discussions on topics that interest you and share your research or experiments.

5. Can I ask for help or advice on my own research/projects?

Yes, the forums are a great place to seek help and advice on your research or projects. Many members are willing to offer their expertise and insights, and you may even find collaborators for your projects. Just be sure to provide enough details and context in your post so others can understand and offer relevant advice.