Is There a Missing Layer of Explanation in Popular Physics Communication?

• Thread starter expos4ever
  • Start date
expos4ever
Hello to all. I am particularly interested in the way concepts in physics are presented and explained. I am inclined to believe that there is often a fundamental layer of explanation missing from articles (and even books) that attempt to communicate science to the masses. More particularly, I often find myself wishing for a very high-level layer of explanation where relevant concepts are more carefully explained and an effort made to connect our intuitions. However, I am aware of the possibility that this is an unrealistic explanation. Looking forward to learning some things.

Physics news on Phys.org
expos4ever said:
Hello to all. I am particularly interested in the way concepts in physics are presented and explained. I am inclined to believe that there is often a fundamental layer of explanation missing from articles (and even books) that attempt to communicate science to the masses. More particularly, I often find myself wishing for a very high-level layer of explanation where relevant concepts are more carefully explained and an effort made to connect our intuitions. However, I am aware of the possibility that this is an unrealistic explanation. Looking forward to learning some things.
Welcome to the PF! :smile:

It sounds like the Educators and Teaching forum is a good match for your interests... https://www.physicsforums.com/forums/educators-and-teaching.192/