Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Grgg help me

1. Jul 17, 2004 #1
    Ok, the forums changed since i was last here and i've been having some difficulties. Normally i'd just click every button i could find until i got the desisred, but its getting late and i'm tired.

at first it was with pm's, i couldn't figure out how to reply back, there's no reply button ya know. You hit the quote button and just delete the whole quote because i never quote people in pms... pssh. i figured it out now obviously, that was yesterday's dilemma.

Today, i want to change my signature. I'd swear looked for every little optiony thingy on my CP but there's no option to 'change signature' i've been trying to since i came on this evening. but i give up. now i'm just asking. How do i get it change?!?

~gale~

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 17, 2004 #2
    I think sigs are a paid subscribers bonus ONLY now
    I had one but nolonger do

4. Jul 17, 2004 #3

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

5. Jul 17, 2004 #4
    ooh, hmm, i hadn't realized things were paid for now...

..yep thread in feedback about it. hmm, thats probably true then since i don't see my sig do i? only reason i wanted to change it was because when i checked my profile i saw it and realized i didn't like it quite so well anymore. but hm.. i guess if no one else sees it, it doesn't matter anyways... my problem is thus solved. thanks.

6. Jul 17, 2004 #5
    Oh... and i guess i couldn't change my avatar now even if i wanted to... awell. least thats resolved now too. hmmm

7. Jul 17, 2004 #6
    How do i stop getting emails that say that someone's replied to a thread i'm subscribed to??

8. Jul 17, 2004 #7

chroot

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Edit your thread subscription options.

- Warren

9. Jul 17, 2004 #8

How do i do that?

10. Jul 17, 2004 #9

loseyourname

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

User CP, user options, messaging and notification, default thread subscription mode. Set it to "Do not subscribe."

11. Jul 23, 2004 #10

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

How do I change the notification setting on just one thread that I am subscribed to - for instance if there's just one that I want an immediate notification email on? Wasn't there something called thread tools? I can't find these options now. Thanks.

12. Jul 23, 2004 #11

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

UserCP, upper left corner in your browser :)
    Or just 'subscribed threads' under Quick links.
    Or 'thread tools' on the top of the thread..

Last edited: Jul 23, 2004
  13. Jul 23, 2004 #12

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

umm... ok I and there, and I am looking at my subscriptions and I see what the notification status of each one is, but I don't see a way to change the type of notification on the thread...

14. Jul 23, 2004 #13

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

There are checkmarks next to the subscribed threads, click the ones you want to change and then go to the pull-down box underneath of the list and choose the action you want to take :)

15. Jul 23, 2004 #14

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

ahhh - got it. Thanks, Monique!!!

16. Jul 23, 2004 #15

loseyourname

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

"Thread Tools" is at the top of every thread, to the left of "search this thread" and "rate this thread." You can subscribe to any thread by clicking on the pull-down menu. It is the bottom option.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?