1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Group Labs ugh

1. Oct 15, 2011 #1
    I have a Group Lab due on Tuesday and I have not yet heard from anyone. I tend to think that most people aren't as serious about their grade as I am, so this is pretty annoying to me. Should I just do the lab myself, just in case? I have already finished my part of the lab, and I simply won't have the time to do anything on Monday or Tuesday morning when they probably contact me to meet up and finish it.

I hate working in a group at my University, how do you guys deal with this?

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 15, 2011 #2
    Many users will frown on what I will say, but when I was working in groups for physics labs, I would do all/most of the work myself. It was convenient for both of us, as I would be certain that the lab was well written/done, and the other guy had nothing to do. When it came to exams, I consistently had the best grades as I had worked through the material alone.

Of course, "in the real world" you'll have to work as a team blah blah blah... Some people in the "real world" are at least serious/mature enough to get something done, whereas I did not find this to be the case with my peers.

Take this as you want.

Good luck on your lab!

4. Oct 15, 2011 #3
    Yeah I understand the importance of team work. But there is a difference between working with someone who might produce sub-par work, than working with someone who doesn't care and might simply "not do the work". Which directly effects my grade.

5. Oct 15, 2011 #4
    Have you contacted your partners?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook