Weed & Alcohol: Impact on Teen Development

In summary, heavy consumption of weed and alcohol can affect a teenager's diet and potentially lead to malnutrition. It is advised to eat a balanced diet and avoid drug use for a healthier life. As for finding information, websites like Erowid may not have reliable information on this topic. It is best to consult with a trusted medical professional for accurate information.
fedorfan
In humans, what exactly will happen to a young teen if he/she does weed and alcohol? Like will their growth stop such as their sex organs and their height and whatnot, or will their brain stop maturing or what? Which of the propaganda is true?

Biology news on Phys.org
fedorfan said:
In humans, what exactly will happen to a young teen if he/she does weed and alcohol? Like will their growth stop such as their sex organs and their height and whatnot, or will their brain stop maturing or what? Which of the propaganda is true?
The main thing that will stunt growth in a teenager is lack of proper nutrients.

Heavy consumption of weed and alcohol can affect a teen's diet. It is too random to be able to make any positive conclusions.

When I was a teen I rarely ate, I was so busy, eating was a nuisance. I didn't have time to think about eating. I ended up in a hospital suffering with malnutrition.

Eat a balanced diet. Don't do drugs, you'll get much more out of life without them.

Trust me.

Alright, well do you know where I could get some info from? I checked erowid and they don't have anything.

1. What are the potential risks of using weed and alcohol during the teenage years?

Using weed and alcohol during the teenage years can have a negative impact on brain development, as the brain is still developing during this time. It can also increase the risk of addiction and substance abuse later in life.

2. Is it true that using weed and alcohol can impair cognitive function in teens?

Yes, research has shown that using weed and alcohol during the teenage years can impair cognitive function, such as memory, attention, and decision-making abilities. This can have long-term effects on academic and social success.

3. How can using weed and alcohol affect emotional and social development in teens?

Using weed and alcohol during the teenage years can increase the risk of developing mental health issues, such as depression and anxiety. It can also lead to risky behaviors and difficulties in forming healthy relationships.

4. Are there any differences in the impact of weed and alcohol on teenage boys and girls?

While both boys and girls are at risk for negative effects from using weed and alcohol during their teenage years, research has shown that girls may be more susceptible to certain risks, such as developing depression and experiencing sexual assault.

5. Can occasional use of weed and alcohol during the teenage years still have long-term effects?

Yes, even occasional use of weed and alcohol during the teenage years can have long-term effects on brain development and increase the risk of addiction. It is important to educate teens about the potential risks and encourage them to make healthy choices.