Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Grr.

1. Oct 13, 2004 #1

jimmy p

Gold Member

I come back from being busy and there are no "jimmy p friendly" threads. I am most disappointed because I have been looking forward to my day off so I could come here and post.

Hang your heads in shame.

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 13, 2004 #2

arildno

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

Well, it HAS been a flurry of PM's where we have expressed our shock and sheer disbelief at the absence of jimmyp.
    It has been so painful to most of us, that we couldn't bear to see our discomfort and naked grief be exposed to the prying eyes of gloating strangers. Hence, the use of PM's.

Finally, PF may come back to normal.

4. Oct 13, 2004 #3

jimmy p

Gold Member

:tongue2: I'm touched!

5. Oct 13, 2004 #4
    I am as well but my cat just jumped on me. :tongue2:

The Bob (2004 ©)

6. Oct 13, 2004 #5

Chi Meson

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

I was just finishing up my ode. I needed more time. It goes...

We sing to thee
    Oh, Jimmy P
    With the draught of zymurgy

And with increasing entropy
    we wish upon you medals, three.

that's as far as I got. Someone else finish it.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2004
  7. Oct 13, 2004 #6

Evo

Staff: Mentor

GD has been going downhill without you! :cry:

Did you know tribdog has two brothers and one of them posts here?

8. Oct 13, 2004 #7

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

And the stupid quetion thread was going to hell in a handbasket. The Bob worked tirelessly to keep it afloat in your absense. He is a good brother to you. :smile:

9. Oct 13, 2004 #8
    I know. All of these new people not getting the message and ruining it. I don't know. :frown: They will learn. :smile:

The Bob (2004 ©)

P.S. I am a good brother. :smile:

10. Oct 13, 2004 #9
    Do I need to get dumped, screwed (in a bad way), and have other bad things happen to me some more so I can keep the "Girl Trouble" thread going?

11. Oct 13, 2004 #10

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Yes Chrono, I'm afraid you do. :redface:

We depend upon you. :approve:

12. Oct 13, 2004 #11
    Well, if the fate of the GD forums depends upon it, I guess I'll have to see what I can do.

13. Oct 15, 2004 #12

jimmy p

Gold Member

Alas, our fates are intertwined.. we are the buoyancy aids of the longest living GD threads.

Thanx for your kind words everyone, I shall endeavour to not work so hard.

14. Oct 15, 2004 #13
    so guys, how many posts do you think we can fit into one thread?? I know that photo one and stupid q. one is like couple 1000's. what's, like, a limit or is it unlimited?

15. Oct 15, 2004 #14
    Not to mention that you are also the self-proclaimed "forum lurker" :biggrin:

16. Oct 15, 2004 #15
    who is this Jimmy p., i've never heard of him, meh its probably not impotent anyhoo

17. Oct 15, 2004 #16
    Seriously. The "Girl Trouble" thread would be long dead if it weren't for me. As least I get to keep y'all entertained with my bad luck with girls. Good to know somebody's getting something out of it.

18. Oct 17, 2004 #17

jimmy p

Gold Member

:surprised :surprised I should hope not, that would be most upsetting for him!!!

Yeah. I'm a lurker... and proud. However I do seem to end a lot of threads. So I'm a conversation killing lurker. :approve:

19. Oct 18, 2004 #18
    You almost had it for a while, didn't you?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?