Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

1. Jul 20, 2005 #1
    Today I was notified that we will be having manditory PT for DEP members every Wednesday. We used to only have to go to a DEP meeting the second Wednesday of every month. I got out of it this week, but now I have to find a ride to Greenwood every Wednesday at 17 00. I don't have a car, so this is going to be akward. I have to call people I don't even know to get a ride. Maybe I can get my recruiter to call them for me.
  2. jcsd
  3. Jul 20, 2005 #2
    I have no idea what... manditory PT for DEP means.
  4. Jul 20, 2005 #3

Gold Member

Physical training for department___________?
  5. Jul 20, 2005 #4
    Delayed Entry Program

i have to wait a year before i can go to basic because i have to finish high school
  6. Jul 20, 2005 #5
    So they have sworn you in? If you don't show up are you AWOL?

I am sure its a good idea to be in the best shape you can be in, befor boot camp.
  7. Jul 21, 2005 #6
    I am sworn in and everything. I don't know if I'd be considered AWOL or not. I called my recruiter and he said that the person that told me it was manditory was exaggerating. He also said he would make some calls to get me a ride.
  8. Jul 21, 2005 #7

Science Advisor

DEP is not mandatory stuff, at least when I was in it. It may have changed in 15+ years. I was in it for a year while I was getting my WOC packet together. Tell them that you'll do PT on your own and that if they want they gan give you a PT test anytime to prove it. You just need to make sure you can do your 42, 52 and 13:50 IIRC.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?