Mandatory PT for DEP Members: Finding a Ride to Greenwood

• Thread starter yourdadonapogostick
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Members
In summary, the speaker was notified of mandatory physical training for DEP members every Wednesday, which used to only be required once a month. They do not have a car and must find a ride to attend the training. They may ask their recruiter for help. They are also in the Delayed Entry Program and have been sworn in. They are unsure if not attending the training would make them AWOL. The speaker believes it is important to be in good physical shape before attending boot camp. They discussed with their recruiter and were informed that DEP is not mandatory, but they can still take a PT test to prove their fitness level.
yourdadonapogostick
Today I was notified that we will be having manditory PT for DEP members every Wednesday. We used to only have to go to a DEP meeting the second Wednesday of every month. I got out of it this week, but now I have to find a ride to Greenwood every Wednesday at 17 00. I don't have a car, so this is going to be akward. I have to call people I don't even know to get a ride. Maybe I can get my recruiter to call them for me.

Physics news on Phys.org
I have no idea what... manditory PT for DEP means.

hypatia said:
I have no idea what... manditory PT for DEP means.

Physical training for department___________?

Delayed Entry Program

i have to wait a year before i can go to basic because i have to finish high school

So they have sworn you in? If you don't show up are you AWOL?

I am sure its a good idea to be in the best shape you can be in, befor boot camp.

I am sworn in and everything. I don't know if I'd be considered AWOL or not. I called my recruiter and he said that the person that told me it was manditory was exaggerating. He also said he would make some calls to get me a ride.

DEP is not mandatory stuff, at least when I was in it. It may have changed in 15+ years. I was in it for a year while I was getting my WOC packet together. Tell them that you'll do PT on your own and that if they want they gan give you a PT test anytime to prove it. You just need to make sure you can do your 42, 52 and 13:50 IIRC.

1. What is mandatory PT for DEP members and why is it required?

Mandatory PT, or physical training, is required for members of the DEP (Delayed Entry Program) in order to prepare them for the physical demands of military training. It is an important part of the DEP program and helps to ensure that members are physically fit and ready for the rigors of military service.

2. Where is the mandatory PT held for DEP members in Greenwood?

The mandatory PT sessions for DEP members in Greenwood are typically held at a designated location on base, such as a gym or outdoor field. Your recruiter or unit should provide you with specific information on the location and schedule for these sessions.

3. How often do DEP members have to attend mandatory PT in Greenwood?

The frequency of mandatory PT sessions for DEP members in Greenwood may vary, but they are typically held at least once or twice a week. Your recruiter or unit should inform you of the specific schedule for these sessions.

4. Do I need to find my own transportation to attend mandatory PT in Greenwood?

Yes, it is typically the responsibility of DEP members to find their own transportation to attend mandatory PT sessions in Greenwood. This may involve carpooling with other DEP members or using public transportation.

5. What should I bring with me to mandatory PT for DEP members in Greenwood?

It is recommended to bring a water bottle, towel, and appropriate workout clothing and shoes to mandatory PT sessions in Greenwood. Your recruiter or unit may also provide a list of required items or equipment.