How Many Friends Does Grumpy Really Have?

• Thread starter OrbitalPower
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Friends
In summary, Bashful, Dopey, and Sneezy are arguing about how many friends Grumpy has. Bashful claims that Grumpy has at least fifty friends, while Dopey and Sneezy both believe that Grumpy has fewer friends than that. Ultimately, the correct answer is zero, as it is the only possibility where one dwarf's statement is true while the other two are false.
OrbitalPower
Bashful, Dopey, and Sneezy are arguing about how many friends Grumpy has. Bashful claims that Grumpy has at least fifty friends. Dopey says that Grumpy certainly doesn't have that many, whereas Sneezy remarks that Grumpy must have at least one friend.

If what only one of the three is saying is true, how many friends does Grumpy actually have?

Physics news on Phys.org
I don't have that many friends myslef, and I'm not grumpy.

Answer:

That is, some reasonable number less than 50.

eom.

Ah, I thought it was:

I thought that the answer to this might not appear so quickly. Some people are too smart for their own good.

OrbitalPower said:
I thought that the answer to this might not appear so quickly. Some people are too smart for their own good.
That's me all over. Way too smart.

Yes. the riddle still remains unanswered though. Since the IQ 130+ riddle was solved in a shorter amount of time, does that means that this one is IQ 140+? :rofl:

OrbitalPower said:
the riddle still remains unanswered though.
Oh I thought it was answered already !
Since the IQ 130+ riddle was solved in a shorter amount of time, does that means that this one is IQ 140+? :rofl:
Ah, then I will wait a little bit and post a complete answer when it reached 160 or so. Is it growing logarithmically ?

humanino said:
Oh I thought it was answered already.
Yes, but not correctly.

jimmysnyder said:
Yes, but not correctly.
So he cannot have any friend... :grumpy:

humanino said:
So he cannot have any friend... :grumpy:

ding ding ding!

Because he's so grumpy! hehehe

Since Bashful, Dopey and Sneezy hate Grumpy's guts, who knows?

My answer:

Zero. It is the only answer wherein one dwarf's comment (Dopey) can be true while the other two comments are false.

That was a 110 IQ question at best

regor60 said:
That was a 110 IQ question at best
Sez the guy who didn't answer it...:rolleyes:

DaveC426913 said:
Sez the guy who didn't answer it...:rolleyes:

The correct answer was already provided...I don't need to advertise :)

1. What is "Grumpy and Friends"?

"Grumpy and Friends" is a popular animated children's show that follows the adventures of a grumpy cat and its group of animal friends.

2. Who are the main characters in "Grumpy and Friends"?

The main characters in "Grumpy and Friends" are Grumpy the cat, Mocha the dog, Ollie the owl, Whiskers the rabbit, and Puddles the duck.

3. What is the target audience for "Grumpy and Friends"?

"Grumpy and Friends" is targeted towards young children, typically between the ages of 2-6 years old.

4. Who produces "Grumpy and Friends"?

"Grumpy and Friends" is produced by a well-known animation studio called Happy Animations.

5. Is "Grumpy and Friends" educational?

Yes, "Grumpy and Friends" incorporates educational elements such as teaching children about friendship, problem-solving, and basic life skills in each episode.