1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Gruoping,deletting, changing

1. Sep 19, 2004 #1
    gruoping,deleting, changing

i am a college student, i yesterday ran into these two problems, and now i have some questions.

<1> in xOy, there are lots of dots, each of which is, lets represent them by, say, [tex](x_i,y_i)[/tex], i=(0,n).
    i like to group those dots together under certain constraints/conditions, so sure there will be servral groups created.
    After you read my above problem, can you tell me possible solutions that come naturally to your mind (without using any high maths knowledge) ? anything, even jokes relating to ways of grouping them together are also very welcome..thankful :biggrin:

<2> I have hundreds of lines of hundreds of bits standing next to each other, ie
    Code (Text):
    do you have any ideas on how to rewite the whole long bit string in a way which only matched ones (1's) are allowed, any other mismatched bits will be, say, changed into zero's ?

thanx in advance.
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2004
  2. jcsd
  3. Sep 19, 2004 #2
    Can u give examples of what u actually wish or want ?

-- AI
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?