Can You Spot the Lie? - A Game of Truths and Deceptions

• Thread starter lisab
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Game
In summary, you were shot by a drunk cop, you skied in the Bering Sea, and you were deported from Bulgaria.
1) I bought a new vehicle in 1995, drove it for 4 years, totaled it in a wreck, at a loss of only $1000 by the time the dust had settled with the insurance company.
2) I have never borrowed money, for anything.
3) I am a virgin.
4) I have been banned on this forum and came back under a different user name and had to use a different email address.

Physics news on Phys.org
Well, if the last one is NOT a lie, consider yourself banned again.

Averagesupernova said:
1) I bought a new vehicle in 1995, drove it for 4 years, totaled it in a wreck, at a loss of only $1000 by the time the dust had settled with the insurance company.
3) I am a virgin.
4) I have been banned on this forum and came back under a different user name and had to use a different email address.

#2 has to be the lie.

I don't care what you were thinking when writing #4, but all I know is that everybody must have borrowed some money at some point in their lives.

Averagesupernova said:
3) I am a virgin.

I think #3 has to be the lie. If it WERE true, you wouldn't admit it on an open forum unless you are 14 or younger, and even then I'm not sure. :smile:

No one for #1?

Averagesupernova said:
No one for #1?

3 of 4 have been picked. You have to answer now. If #1 is the lie, then you win and Borak will ban you

I am just curious to know who will pick what. :)

phinds said:
If #1 is the lie, then you win and Borak will ban you

I will also ban you for mistyping my nick :devil:

Borek said:

EK ... I have sinned

Averagesupernova said:
3) I am a virgin.

Number 2 has to be a lie. Truly when you are broke, you need to borrow money from someone you know during the time you needed it.

jmneutr0nn3 said:
Number 2 has to be a lie. Truly when you are broke, you need to borrow money from someone you know during the time you needed it.

I completley disagree w/ your premise. For one thing not all people are broke at some point in their life. Have you ever heard of rich people?

Borek said:

:rofl:

And now you'll ban me for the off topic!

phinds said:
I completley disagree w/ your premise. For one thing not all people are broke at some point in their life. Have you ever heard of rich people?

Yes I have heard of rich people. Let me ask you. Is Averagesupernova rich? Broke does not necessarily mean a person is poor. I've always thought that broke is temporary and poor is more of a permanent status.