• Thread starter houlahound
  • Start date
OCR
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRvxpW6X2Tyt7hWGr0AdaLmgnSJcHsmCrad1JcUV01boOcXstX7.jpg
Looks like hobbles, to me...?

Correct, see above post.

Well done, I'm out for a while.

OCR
Its mostly worn around a human waist but when its not it is worn on a horse but not around the horse's waist.
Ah, the rider more or less stores the hobbles as a belt around his waist, and takes it off to use as hobbles...?

Averagesupernova
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I will have a go. I had to blur out what is cast into the tool as I am afraid it would give it away.

IMG_20161122_163029.jpg
IMG_20161122_163057.jpg

Some kind of toe jack?

Averagesupernova
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Well I don't think it would be a risk of giving it away if I say that it is in fact meant to move two items apart as a jack of course would. However, this device was engineered for a specific purpose and from experience I will say that it does it quite well. Its intended purpose was not to lift things.

Nidum
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Pinch bar used for moving railway locomotives and trucks short distances during maintenance ?

Averagesupernova
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Pinch bar used for moving railway locomotives and trucks short distances during maintenance ?
Nope. I will give another clue. I am sure someone on this forum has done the task that this tool is meant to do, only done it the hard way. I will tag my favorite member again. LOL. @jim hardy The tool in the very first image in this thread has likely been used many times to do what this tool is designed for. Not as a chopping operation though.

OCR
Ahhh!!...
...it is in fact meant to move two items apart...
I am sure someone on this forum has done the task that this tool is meant to do...
The tool in the very first image in this thread has likely been used many times to do what this tool is designed for.
It's a bead breaker!! ?

Last edited:
OCR
http://www.dlokka.hommboi.lokka.com/img/photos/1244962657-Beadcheater2.jpg [Broken]​

Last edited by a moderator:
Averagesupernova
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Ding ding ding! We have the correct answer.
-
Bead buster is actually cast into the tool so I had to blur it out.

Likes OCR
OCR
Ding ding ding! We have the correct answer.
-
Bead buster is actually cast into the tool so I had to blur it out.
Lol...[COLOR=#black]..[/COLOR] :ok:

would never have got that one.

Likes OCR
Averagesupernova
Science Advisor
Gold Member
What gave it away @OCR ?

Last edited:
Bystander
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Likes OCR
real men don't use a gadget to break the bead.

you either use two tyre levers or put the tyre flat on the ground and run over it with another vehicle a few times.

= real men would never have seen such a device....disqualified.

Likes OCR
good point.

Likes OCR
OCR
What gave it away @OCR ?
I've used a device like that on big tractor tires, where you don't remove the rim from the tractor... just the tire off the rim.

The breaker I used was powered by air, so your picture wasn't a dead give away... the design of the "foot" in the upper right, picture two helped, so did your clues...
...it is in fact meant to move two items apart...
I am sure someone on this forum has done the task that this tool is meant to do...
The tool in the very first image in this thread has likely been used many times to do what this tool is designed for.
I googled "bead breaker", and found the image I posted...

Tires I used the tool on...

DSCF0565.JPG

DSCF1127.JPG

Reminds me of a stand off I was in loggers versus environmentalists. It was tense and aggressive. One night the hippie's challenged the truckers to a tyre changing contest on a logging truck.

The truckers thought they would win easy. This hippy apparently worked in a previous life as a mechanic assistant.

He beat all the truckers at changing tyres, they couldn't believe it.

Both groups respected each other after that and prolly defused the seething violence that was brewing.

Last edited: