1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Guide a noob.

1. Jan 19, 2009 #1
    Wassup fellas,

I'll take this opportunity to ask the same old worn out question which every noob asks. I absolutely loved sciences and mathematics back when I was in high school till 10th grade. Not saying I was some kinda super genius or something though. :)

Kinda lost way after that. But recently, I've regained the passion for philosophy, science (particularly physics) and maths. Any suggestions regarding how I should beging?

Thanks.

Edit: btw, I'm pursuing a degree in computer sciences.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2009
  2. jcsd
  3. Jan 19, 2009 #2
    What's your math background? If you know basic calculus I think that you can begin from a book like Serway (Mechanics) or Halliday and Resnick.

4. Jan 19, 2009 #3
    Yup I do have a background in calculus. And incidentally, I have that book too. Thanks.

5. Jan 19, 2009 #4

eri

How far do you want to go? What's your goal in this self-study?

6. Jan 20, 2009 #5
    Honestly, I don't have any specific goals. Like I said, its just an interest which I want to pursue quite sincerely. I'll figure it out as I go...

If I have to specify a goal, I think I'd want to develop a broad base which might serve as foundation for quantum computing and computational physics which might be useful in future.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?