Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Guide me

1. Dec 28, 2009 #1
    Guide me !!

hi frnds,
    i am doing my computer science engineering in india and i am in 1st year.I am interested to learn some languages as i am interested in programming.Can u people please guide me .:confused:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2009
  2. jcsd
  3. Dec 28, 2009 #2
    Re: Guide me !!

What languages are you interested in learning?

4. Dec 28, 2009 #3

as i am in 1st year only C nd C++ are the languages i am known and i am inetrested in and some of my friends have suggested me to do java??what about it

5. Dec 28, 2009 #4

It'd be practical to learn 'cause it's one of the most used languages in industry (as is COBOL, but nobody teaches that anymore), and it's interesting. Basic Java has very similar syntax to C++ and a lot of the same rules, but it's much more strongly object oriented, so if you don't understand OOP (object oriented programming) you've gotta wrap your head around it while learning java to be good at it. After you learn the basics, Java gets tricky. More complex Java is full of templates and libraries and you've gotta get really good at using both.

6. Dec 28, 2009 #5

ok then shall i proceed with my friends suggestions??

7. Dec 28, 2009 #6

Only if you're actually interested in the language.

8. Dec 28, 2009 #7

Hmm thanks for ur needful replies thanks friend

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook