Guides to Excel, Word, Etc.

1. Pengwuino

Pengwuino 7,118
    Gold Member

Does anyone know of any good guides on getting the most out of the programs that typically come with Microsoft Office? And not things like "How do I make a chart?", but something a little more advanced like a sort of "mail merge" between data on a spreadsheet and a word document "template". For example last week I wanted to create current grade printouts for my students which involved having a word document where I could put their name and a little guide to calculating their grade. However I had to manually copy and paste the row of grades from the excel spreadsheet I have and print them 1 by 1. What a pain.

Are there any guides to really getting the most out of programs like these? Hmm, a guide to powerpoint would be nice too... putting videos on a power point reliably.. I like that idea too! I notice so many options in all these programs yet I have no idea how to use them...

Microsofts help isn't of much use...

2. jcsd
  3. google is normally the best thing for problems like mail merge

This is probably not what you want, but I have found that its just best to mess around on each program and google each point that you need help with. Either that or use the help & tutorials that come with office.

4. Lisa!

Lisa! 990
    Gold Member

Does anyone know how to calculate the area under a curve in Excel? I want some method that would give me a more precise answer than this 1(this uses Trendline Equation to calcuate it!)

5. Should be not that difficult to generate a function for that, as I did here in the d-column. This calculates the area exactly, when assuming that there is a straight line in between the datapoints

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 28, 2010
  6. Lisa!

Lisa! 990
    Gold Member

Thanks!:smile:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share a link to this question via email, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?