Admitting I Like Dr. Phil & Nancy Grace

• Thread starter DiracPool
  • Start date
In summary, the speaker admits to initially disliking Dr. Phil and Nancy Grace, but after being exposed to their shows through a Netflix subscription and an Ariel antenna, they have developed a fascination with the "smut and muck" they present. They jokingly refer to their newfound interest as "Stockholm syndrome" and compare it to "welfare TV." They even admit to watching Nancy Grace while typing this, but also express a desire to "b*tchslap" her.
DiracPool
Ok, it finally happened. After years of fighting it with much intensity, they wore me down. I now have to say that I do like Dr. Phil and Nancy Grace. I thought I'd never say this, maybe it's "Stockholm syndrome," but I find myself being fascinated with the smut and muck they rake.

I didn't sign up for this, I don't know if I really even want it, but when you cut the cord, get a Netflix subscription, buy a $100 Ariel antenna from Walmart and mount it on your roof, maybe that's what's in store for you..

Physics news on Phys.org
Judge Judy. AKA "welfare TV".
Watchin' it even as I type this.

I want to b*tchslap Nancy Grace. :oldbiggrin:

1. What is the appeal of Dr. Phil and Nancy Grace?

Dr. Phil and Nancy Grace are both well-known public figures who have built their careers around offering advice and discussing current events. They are known for their direct and assertive communication styles, which can be appealing to some viewers. Additionally, their shows often cover topics that are relatable and relevant to a large audience.

2. Why do some people feel embarrassed to admit they like Dr. Phil and Nancy Grace?

There is a certain stigma associated with enjoying talk shows and reality TV. Some people may feel that admitting they like Dr. Phil and Nancy Grace goes against their personal beliefs or values. Additionally, these shows often cover controversial topics and can be seen as controversial themselves, leading some viewers to feel embarrassed about their interest.

3. What do Dr. Phil and Nancy Grace contribute to society?

Dr. Phil and Nancy Grace offer a platform for discussing important issues and providing advice to viewers. Their shows can bring attention to relevant topics such as mental health, relationships, and current events. They also often feature guests who share their personal stories, which can be inspiring and informative for viewers.

4. How do Dr. Phil and Nancy Grace handle criticism from the public?

Both Dr. Phil and Nancy Grace are public figures and are no strangers to criticism. They have both faced backlash for their communication styles and the way they handle certain situations on their shows. However, they both have strong personalities and continue to stand by their beliefs and methods of communication.

5. Are there any controversies surrounding Dr. Phil and Nancy Grace?

Both Dr. Phil and Nancy Grace have faced controversies throughout their careers. Some have accused them of exploiting their guests and sensationalizing issues for entertainment. They have also faced criticism for their aggressive interviewing styles and for making controversial statements on their shows. However, they continue to have a large following and their shows remain popular.

Back