Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Guinea Pig Lawnmower

1. Aug 14, 2004 #1

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/business/8225358.htm?1c

All of this time the solution to the "lawn mowing problem" has been hiding in old Flintstone cartoons!

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 16, 2004 #2

jimmy p

Gold Member

So there IS a useful pet then...

4. Aug 16, 2004 #3

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

There used to be an old gent down the road who would sit in his front yard and watch his horse eat [and fertilize] the front yard. It never needed mowing but the yard games were a little tricky I suppose. :biggrin:

5. Aug 16, 2004 #4

jimmy p

Gold Member

eurgh :yuck: the horse would be eating its own poo!!!

6. Aug 16, 2004 #5

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Haven't you ever heard of recycling?!!!!

Really, when we have cows in the pasture you can always tell where the poo lies - in the tall grass! All over the pasture you see ~ 2ft diameter circles of high grass with a pie in the middle. After the rain, little puddles would form in the center of each pie. Crash would then run from pile to pile to lick up the poo puddles; or in a freeze, the poopsicles. I guess that's pretty good stuff for a dog!

7. Aug 16, 2004 #6

jimmy p

Gold Member

:yuck: :yuck: That's good eatin'! :yuck: :yuck:

8. Aug 16, 2004 #7

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

9. Aug 17, 2004 #8

jimmy p

Gold Member

I couldnt get the picture but i guess it is of your dog eating cow faeces.... maybe it is better I dont see it...

10. Aug 17, 2004 #9

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Can they modify this for cats?

Except how do you keep the cat in the yard, and out of trees, ok, nevermind.

Dogs love poop. I used to have a dog that was always snacking in the cat box. :yuck:

11. Aug 17, 2004 #10

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

No poop eating; just her smiling face.

I am wondering about something. If you right click on the red X, do you have the "show picture" option available? Does this make the picture visible if you hit it?

12. Aug 18, 2004 #11

jimmy p

Gold Member

Dogs smile? About eating TURDS??? Those animals have some serious issues. :yuck:

And yes, i do get the red cross and the option but when I click, nothing happens.

13. Sep 11, 2004 #12
    The best stuff of all is birthed by the youngest calves nursing from mother moo. One particularly intelligent dog I once had would bark at the calf in an attempt to frighten an output from it. It was a very rich, gooey little treat all my dogs savored.

*let’s scare up some grub and do lunch real soon*

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?